how do i disable auto lock on to friends/crew members online

Hi guys.

As the title says, how do I disable this? Whilst playing online with friends/crews in fre roam when we rob stores etc it still makes me lock on to them and it's caused a few deaths amongst us because of it. They're in a crew with me so surely friendly fire should be off or a way to disable it.

So does anyone know?

Many thanks guys/girls.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I don't know why they allow auto-aim online anyways.... Go to start/settings/display then change it to free aim!

There's auto-aim? That would've made single player incredibly easy... So other people online could be using auto-aim against me while I free aim?

i thought gta online there was NO auto aim!

why would they have auto aim online? that stinks if they do.  hopefully they at least make you free aim in TDM.  I haven't been able to get on yet.  I tried like 3 times last night but wasn't able to and only had like 35 min. to give it a go

there are auto-aim lobbies AND free-aim lobbies just like Red Dead, As long as in the SP you have it set to Free-Aim then when you load up an online lobby it will automatically put you in a free-aim lobby. or vice versa

are you sure? how do you know if others are free aiming or not? what if you have friends/crew members who are auto-aim but you do free aim?

I do auto aim inthe story and all that, but i feel like playing TDM when everyone has auto aim is pretty much pointless.

It appears a lot of us are confused by this then? Does anyone have a solution?

It works like it does in RDR, if you turn auto-aim off you get matched and into lobbies with people who have auto-aim turned off. if it's turned on you get matched with people who have auto-aim turned on. FOZ if you want to turned auto-aim off go to settings then controls (Targeting Mode) switch it to free aim and it will fix your problem. unless you're asking if their is a way to have auto-aim on but make it where it wont target crew members or friends? if that's you're question there is not a option for that! either have auto-aim on and deal with that or use free aim :)

i hope your right.  would suck to turn off your own auto aim, and it really have no bearing on other players... then you'd just be getting killed by auto aimers.  i nvr played RDR online so i'm not sure how that works.

what does it do if you are playing with your friends and some have auto aim on and some have it off?

I'm not 100% on how it works if a friend has it enabled. My friends that I play with all have it turned off!