How do I become Number 1 contender for the WWE Championship in universe mode?

How do I become Number 1 contender for the WWE Championship in universe mode? I went to wwe.com and edited myself as the number 1 contender and another wrestler got the WWE Championship match but I'm still the number 1 contender I'm so lost :s?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

fight your way through the ranks set up matches vs guys that were ranked above you,  also the person that got the title shot over your wrestler might be in a rivalry with the champ check your rivalries thats also an easy way to get a shot at the belt, put yourself into a rivalry with the champ, it might take a couple of weeks to a month but normally you get a title shot even if you are not the number 1 contender.

Perfect thanks for the info just 1 other question how do I check my rivalries and put myself into one?

when your in your universe mode its on the left hand side, were it shows that you can go to your calendar, and stuff like that it, its actually under the rivalries option and from there you can start one and pick whether to make it, short, medium or a long feud, and then pick whoever you want to put in it.