How do downloaded games work?

I have never downloaded a game before because I have a phobia that something may happen that would cause my games to be erased. Thus you'll have to buy the game all over again. Is this true?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No, you won't have to re-buy the game.

You will not have to pay for it again. You can delete it and re-download it as many times as you want through your download history.

Oh that´s why people are scared of loosing their discs xD

NO NO NOO you need NO phobia :)

Usually there is no error by downloading a game, and if so, it´s like the other´s told you.

Download it again and you are fine.

once you buy it the game is linked to your account so you can redownload it. all download services are like this, steam, psn, xbl, you only have to rebuy it if you get a new account.

I re-download all my games regularly for free just so I can stick it to the man.

[quote user="ManicRaider"]

I have never downloaded a game before because I have a phobia that something may happen that would cause my games to be erased. Thus you'll have to buy the game all over again. Is this true?

[/quote]

I've bought tons of Games on Demand (games) and trust me everything is fine plus if something does happen check Download History and re-download the game simple as that 

You should be able to download it again for free, but I don't know if that's true for all games. Is 1 Vs 100 still available if you had it before? At least with a disc, you can sell a gmae when you're done with it. Usually not for much....

Once you start downloading your games...you'll never want to do it any other way.

Start download...go get something to eat...watch an episode of Futurama....come back..install....play game.  Never have to leave the house.

It's great...lol.

[quote user="theman72HG"]I've bought tons of Games on Demand (games) and trust me everything is fine plus if something does happen check Download History and re-download the game simple as that[/quote]

Just be aware that MS can remove your access to downloaded games that you have bought....

I'm in the middle of trying to get a refund for Dreamfall.

^^

It is a original Xbox game. That´s why it´s gone.