How come when I bought Sonic the Hedgehog from the Xbox Live market place, it doesnt say it's the full game..

Ok, so I bought Sonic the Hedgehog, from the xbox live market place, the full game i got, whenever i play it, it still says i need to buy the full version in order to use this etc. I cant save, go on leaderboards, or anything and it still says i should purchase the full fame when i already have it. I have never even downloaded the trial version. Also, i've tried deleting then reinstalling the full game, yet it still says i dont have the full game. Can someone please help?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 31 Applies to:

Are you playing it on the account that purchased the game? Have you ever changed consoles?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes I'm playing on the account that bought it, and no I have never changed consoles.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had to find this from the old forums, but there is a glitch with some of the older Sega games. Try this and see if it works:

1) Launch the game (using the account which purchased the game).

2) From the in-game menu, choose "unlock full game" (might be slightly different wording).

3) That should bring up a box from the marketplace.

4) It should know that you bought it, and ask if you just want to re-download.

5) Choose "yes".

6) After a few seconds, it should give you a "download complete" - all it did was get a new "key."

7) I think you choose "continue" at that point.  In any case, all you want to do is get out of the blue Marketplace box.  You do NOT want to exit the entire game.

8) Once you're back at the game's menu, it should allow you to play the full game.

Sorry this didn't help.

ok great, your solution worked, i appreciate it. so i got passed the demo section then saved it a little further, then i left the game and got back on, then it was back on the trial game, do i always have to download the game again to play the full version? my save was still there at least.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm glad that worked. According to the old post, you do have to do that every time you play. Sorry, I didn't notice that before. Hopefully someone else has a permanent solution.

Sorry this didn't help.