How can I go back to level 1 on Halo 4 multiplayer?

So my roommate kept playing online multiplayer in Halo 4 while I was at work and got to too high of a level for it to even be fun for me. I want to go back to level 1 so I can learn. Is there a way to do this? Also, he also did this to my Black Ops 2, is there a way to reset BO2 without getting prestige?? Someone help!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

Buy a new account or use a free trial.

I don't know of a way but I suppose you could theoretically be reset by 343 if you explain the situation to them.

No...yesterday afternoon, Live posted a note that "Halo 4 functionality was down".  I had that problem as well...along with everybody in the roster of the lobby:  we were all Sr-1s.  Haven't checked it this morning yet. but I posted about it late yesterday afternoon.  The strange this was that in Waypoint I was still Sr-42

Very doubtful, Resets are handed out to people who are caught breaking the rules. The only way to be a level one would be with another account since there isn't an option to reset yourself.

No they won't reset you.

[quote user="RED SHIFT1"]

No...yesterday afternoon, Live posted a note that "Halo 4 functionality was down".  I had that problem as well...along with everybody in the roster of the lobby:  we were all Sr-1s.  Haven't checked it this morning yet. but I posted about it late yesterday afternoon.  The strange this was that in Waypoint I was still Sr-42

[/quote]

This was due to network errors (apparently due to a small security breach) on Xbox Live. It effected multiple services, and Halo 4 was one of them (although the Halo servers were not hacked). That's all. No one was reset. The only way to potentially be reset by 343i is if you break rules. For example finding a way to exploit the XP system. I haven't personally heard of anyone being reset, however, so OP, you're out of luck.