how can childs gamertag access gold live bought on adult gamertag

recently purchased x box 360 and set my son up on it. as he is a child i had to set up an parent account too. i have now purchased the year gold live membership with my avator but want my son to be able to use it on his avator. i cannot see how to set this up. when i go into my sons avator it says he hasnt got gold membership.  surely i dont have to buy membership for each avator??? also my son wants to download minecraft which i will have to buy through my avator but how does he access it through his avator???

please please advise :

thank u. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Gold subscriptions are only good for the account that you purchase it on. You would have to either purchase a second gold subscription for him or purchase the family plan (which is the same price as purchasing 2 subscriptions).

If you purchase a game or content on your account, your son should be able to access the content through his account as long as he is using the same console. It should just show up under his games the same as it would under yours.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah...you will either have to purchase the family (which would be more expensive I think if all you have is one child on it) or just go out and get another sub for the child without it.  Each avatar has to have a sub in some form.  You are trying to get two Gold subs for the price of one: i.,e, share your Gold sub and MS ain't letting that happen.  Sorry.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.