How Are you Socially WHile Gaming?

Do you like to party up?  Do you accept Friend requests or party invites?  Do you use the mic?

I personally just play with randoms all the time.  If a random in the games sends a party invite I never accept it even if it's a co-op game.  Sometimes I accept a FR for games like FHP to compare leaderboards but I always appear offline so I'll never play with them again.  I only party with my cousin once in a blue moon.

So what's your level of friendliness?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If I am trying to play a single player game where I need to pay attention (like Dragon Age 2), I normally try not to party up with more than 1 or 2 people because then there will be too many people talking and then I can't hear dialogue. When I play MP, I don't like going on by myself. I need to be with friends. Now when it comes to accepting friend requests, I have two rules: You have to have at least 3 games in common with me that I frequently play. And I have to have played with you in the past 2 weeks or you get deleted.

From how I am, usually on Xbox Live: I pretty much don't use a mic, only when I feel like it or asking randoms about some game related help, when I recieve random friend request I don't accept them, I only accept them if the player is kind, friendly, cool and willing to help, I always accept party invites when I'm either using a mic or not, even though most of time when I play I don't receive one, I play single-player and with randoms on multiplayer alot since my busy friends wouldn't mind inviting me to a game or party at least once, at least someone to play, talk and hang out with on Xbox Live...

I've been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and I tend to keep to myself. However, I've met some really cool people here on the forum that I stay in touch with through messages and forum PMs. The only time I use a mic is when I get into a party for a co-op gaming session or during a Full House Poker match. I'm always friendly, but not openly -- meaning, I'm not a chatterbox (initially)... it takes awhile for me to get warmed up.

I won't use my mic unless someone sends me a party invite so we can communicate strategically. I also won't accept any random friend requests. I hate getting on to see 4 or 5 friends online and I have no idea who they are. Other then that I'm always in a party with my real life friends. If anyone I don't know joins that I'll have a conversation with them.

I'm in a party everyday. It doesn't matter if I'm playing a multi-player or single player game. I can't receive friend requests since it's full.

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

[quote user="ChickinOnaChain"]I'm terrible at MP games and stay away from them. 

[/quote]

Sounds like a vicious cycle. The only way to get better at them is to play them. Just don't worry if you look stupid, it's not like anyone is gonna remember.

[/quote]It's not "looking stupid" that makes MP shooters not fun.  It's being a target and a kill ratio booster that sucks.  That's hardly fun for me.  Driving games are different.  I can win or lose at them and still have a good time.

I am pretty anti social,especially while gaming.I had enough of people when I was in the military.No, I am a lone warrior when it comes to gaming I like to do everything myself.Occasionally I will get in a mood to play online and when I get in a team game I am always the first guy to be a team player but generally I like to play solo IE Bots,SP games.

I usually mic up with friends in a party or private chat. I like to have open mic in online multiplayer games too though. Sometimes I get random friend requests from other players from matches I play with them, but I don't really like accepting them when all they do is just play one or two multiplayer games.

Who needs friends when you’ve got ‘HATE MAIL’ to keep you company? My inbox is full of hate mail from BLOPS alone, keep them coming haters. I will be sending the 1000th hater a free picture of my @#% signed by yours truly.

[quote user="ChickinOnaChain"]I'm terrible at MP games and stay away from them. 

[/quote]

Sounds like a vicious cycle. The only way to get better at them is to play them. Just don't worry if you look stupid, it's not like anyone is gonna remember.