houses and storing items

ok i have stat guide but cant find anything on houses, which room is mine in mage guild , nothing shows me... is there a place i can store?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Best place to store stuff is in your houses. There's a house you can buy in Whiterun for $5K that I'm using right now. 

Go to the college, look at the statue, look left, go thru those doors. Your room is the first room on the right. One way you can tell is go in the room a look at the barrels, if it says steal, that's not your room.

I ended up storing my items at winterhold college because a dragon chased me from winterhold to the college. Everyone came outside and we beasted on it. It's bones lay right in front of the statue. The NPS's walk under the dragon to enter and leave the college, lol. Its awesome.

When you do start storing stuff try to split it up between boxes, one for ingredients, one for armour&weapons, one for stuff to sell, one for stuff to keep. It will make your life easier when you want certain items you won't have to go through long lists of stuff (as chests/cupboards/boxes don't split items up into the separate blocks as your inventory does).

The other way you can tell is look at the bed. Yours is the room with the bed that doesn't say (Owned.)

The advice from Waykam about splitting up your loot into different chests is spot on. It will save you a ton of time and frustration.

Yea, house in wihiterun is MUCH better.  Its dismal looking at first but there is a nice big trunk upstairs in the bedroom  Buy it, then get the alchemy lab addon right away.  That gives you a satchel right on the alchemy station for ingredients.  A bookcase that you can load books into in the same room and a nice big trunk on the top of the bookcase for stuff.  The kitchen adds a cooking fire and several sacks on shelves for storage containers.  Those are the two I began with right off the bat.  The others like the loft and bedroom add some end tables and such.

I started with river using barrels outside the blacksmith, across the street in front of the general store and in front of the inn (crafting, cooking and ingredients respectively).

Beth really dropped the ball on containers IMHO.  They should have categories just like yours and vendors so you can get decent use out of a container.

@ sleeper..I can not buy a house at whitrun because I want to war with them is there anywhere else a can buy a house?

[quote user="FrankCastle 52"]

@ sleeper..I can not buy a house at whitrun because I want to war with them is there anywhere else a can buy a house?

[/quote]

Yep, any other major city should have a home for sale. Do some favors for the Jarl and you should get a prompt for it. 

Just to add to the convo, when you buy a house, get the furnishings as well.  They contain bookshelfs, weapon racks, cupboards, etc.  All of these will add extra storage space, and you can split your loot up accordingly.

After a dragon battle, that blacksmith that helps the companions, I think hios name was Eurland was lying dead next to the dragon.  I looted his body and got the key to his house.  Does that house now belong to me?  Happned late last night and I had to crash so I did not find his house yet.

[quote user="JoHud"]

After a dragon battle, that blacksmith that helps the companions, I think hios name was Eurland was lying dead next to the dragon.  I looted his body and got the key to his house.  Does that house now belong to me?  Happned late last night and I had to crash so I did not find his house yet.

[/quote]

No, it does not. And that sucks that Eorlund died, that guy's cool.