house made out of...

ive noticed alot of more experienced platers use wood for their house but i just use stone.

is there an advantage of using wood to build your house (walls, roof) or is it just cosmetic?

also, is using cobblestone to build a house considered NOOBISH?

thnx for any info!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I use different materials, one house is made of sandstone, cobblestone and wood (to resemble a summer house next to open water with pool and jetty, across the way is another sandstone with cobblestone roof, next door to that is a cobblestone house and to be absolutley honest my first house looks the better of all 3

i was wondering because i see houses burning down all the time on youtube or whatever and id think people would understand that a wooden house is going to burn easy.

i guess its up to you how you want it to look and alot of the wood houses look awesome but i think a nice brick house would be the best. like red bricks like grandmas house.

This is the house I built first, made of sandstone, cobblestone, Wood and a few blocks of stone

[View:http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/318141_10150855073292635_582337634_9776808_383569587_n.jpg]

@craigecc77 That looks awesome!  My house is a few fancy-looking rectangles stacked on top of each other, with a nice balcony wrapping around it.  Haha.

niiice mann that looks legit too! mabye wood planks for the diving board? awesome

Cheers guys, took me 4 hours to build and gather the materials needed.  There are 2 more than are set behind where I took the screen shot, not as glamourous as that one.  There's a group of us over at xblgamerhub.com that are looking for more minecrafters so we can start to build a city complete with houses, shops, highrises, suspension bridges etc.  if any of you want to join us pop over and join our group. :)

[quote user="craigecc77"]

This is the house I built first, made of sandstone, cobblestone, Wood and a few blocks of stone

[View:http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/318141_10150855073292635_582337634_9776808_383569587_n.jpg]

[/quote]

How much for the house? Lol that looks pretty cool. Im still looking for the right seed map for me that is mostly flat but with good mines so i can make my perfect house. I want to use brick but there is no clay in the game yet so it will be stone wood and probably sandstone. 

yess this looks like a realtor pic for a house on the market and issh haha.

lemmie go look at that xblgamerclub and see if i can find yall.

add me in the meantime, well ill send one your way.

There's nothing wrong with making a house out of cobblestone. In fact using stone for your house could be seen as smarter since it doesn't burn and it has twice the blast resistance compared to wood.

I like sandstone but cobblestone has its place,just build what looks cool.