Host....A Disadvantage?

I don't know what it is, but it seems like host is a disadvantage. How do you know if you have host? When the game starts, immediately hit the back button. If you're the only one without dog tags (while everyone has dog tags) you're the host. You'll have 4 green bars as well (usually pops up first). In other FPS games, when I would get host I would kill someone within 2 shots or so and the game would run like butter for me.

However, in MW3 I feel like I'm at a disadvantage. I'm not sure if it's the way the network is coded to make up for such an advantage. I played a TDM game (with host) and some people were skipping around as if I had a bad connection. I have Comcast @ 28MB/down and 8MB/up. It just seems I'm better off not having host because of how the game'**** detection and balancing works. Just wondering if people have had this happen to them with host. This game feels differently with host than other FPS games I've played.

PS - I get host about 40% of the time I play.

TL;DR I have host, but people still lag around me.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

This happened to me in BO. When I was host, which was more than 50% of the time, I would get trashed. It was so bad I took the ethernet out of my xbox and played wirelessly just so I wouldn't pull host. I haven't had the same thing happen with MW3 yet but I only have 5 hours played so far.

I'm at about 15 hours. I'm just getting sick of shooting people and not getting hit markers and they kill me in like 3 shots. Really annoying.

I am usually host and I am almost always #1 on the board. There are a few games when I have that get laggy and it's hard to kill anyone though.

Yea, im constantly going negative by 8+ kills becuase of being host. I know this cause I tried to leave the game and it starts searching for a new host. Its really annoying, this games already bad enough.

Whenever I am host, I always go negative.  It never happened to me on the other COD games.  

If your going negative that much, its not the fact your host. You just need to up your game. I've been host on the game multiple times and haven't had a slight bit of this issue.

upping your game = using type 95, akimbo, or the ump.

I don't know if I've been host or not, but I've seen a lot of guys running in place or warping around the map.  Several kill cams where it showed someone firing 2-5 shots at me when my screen showed they weren't even facing me...or firing.  Doesn't happen all the time, but it's enough to be annoying.

Up my game? Then why is it I have like a 2+ k/d whenever I don't have host? Explain that one.

I get host quite often and tbh most of the time it plays fine. I'm roughly at the same k/d as Blops which is1.6-7. There is the odd game that I see other players warping while being host. Sometimes they freeze as if I've lag switched them and I can still kill them!?

[View:http://speedtest.net/result/1595516837.png]