Host Banned from all halo games.

The xbox I have is second hand, I bought it off a friend a year or so ago. Recently I have just started to play halo competitively again and have noticed that the console I ma using is banned from gaining host and this a big dis-advantage as most players have the upper hand on me when playing against them. It is not a problem with my internet connection as I have a 32 mb line with virgin media and all Xbox related ports are open, also I am able to get host with ease on Call of Duty games. If someone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Price you pay for buying second hand.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

As far as I am aware this system your describing does not exist.
I doubt a game developer would have the ability to ban a console from hosting a game, perhaps an account but not a console. Of course this system may well be in place and its just I have not heard of it, if so I imagine there is very little you can do aside from purchase a new console.

If Bungie limited the ability to host on that xbox, you would have the devils own job to prove it was not you who owned it at the time it was issued.

So is the account you are using one you got off your friend when you purchased his console?, if so perhaps the limitation was placed on that before it came into your possession.

If it is not a connection issue on your end then perhaps its simply the fact that someone has a better connection than you,  and as a result they are chosen to be host.

On a side note though I have to say not being the host in a minimal disadvantage most of the time for online MP. Because only 1 person in a lobby is ever the host, so most players wouldn't really have any advantage over you.
Aside from skill levels due to playing more often, and as you say you only recently started playing again. So perhaps you are only losing because you are rusty and they (at least at the moment), are better at the game. 

And hosts do not win every game they play because they are host.

Sorry this didn't help.

It does exist and the host in halo games gets a huge advantage. You can't really say that I'm a bit 'rusty' as you haven't played with me. I've posted my thread in a different section anyways. It's been posted in my console is banned section. I've had a long chat with xbox customer support and they said the best thing to do is let their moderators look into it. But thanks for the feedback.

Sorry this didn't help.

When you have affiliations with known modding communities it makes it hard for us to believe anything you say. If it is just Halo Matchmaking you are banned from then the limitation was put on your account (profile) by the Game Developer, not on your console, so you need to contact them in regards to your issue. 

On a side note, if you stop cheating, yes boosting is a form of cheating, then you would not have these little hiccups in your gaming experience.

Sorry this didn't help.

Now I'm not saying all MLG fans are cheaters but all cheaters are MLG fans. 

Sorry this didn't help.

@Temhotabot, It has not been placed on my account, as I cannot get host on any of my other accounts, therefore it is my xbox. And what do you mean by 'Affiliations with know modding communitys'?

Sorry this didn't help.

Either way, if you have having an issue with the game you need to take it up with the developer of the game

Sorry this didn't help.

This question has been answered and the thread will be locked. Please feel free to contact me should you have any further questions, iExtascy. Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.