Horde Mode Ideas

It's popped up in a few discussions before and I think a DS style horde-type mode would be SICK! (not to mention Visceral is already thinking of ideas for the next game) My question is, what ideas do some of you guys have? Me, I would love to see it being only 3 players, require resource management (give not too much and not too little). It would be cool to stop a bench and be quick in crafting a few things you may need (ammo, health, stasis) while your partners cover you. Also objectives would be pretty interesting, something like the Drill Sequence but a bit more challenging. One more thing, only point system it should have is for the team as a whole and that goes to an overall leader board. That way it can combat the competitive players and those who like to play Rambo lol. Anyway just spit balling, any others?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If they made this, I would very much like to see some alternation like Beast Mode in GOW3.  You could choose to play horde as humans or Necros.  That would be sweet.  And being able to customize your character would be cool too.  Maybe each human faction would have its own perk (Unitologists, EarthGov, etc..), and each Necro type would have it's own ability obviously.  I'd also like to see some Zero-g maps.  That would be crazy with things coming in all around and everybody getting disoriented.

Oh yeah, Zero G would be sweet, definitely a nice twist for a horde mode. Also a map like the 1st co-op side mission in DS3 would be awesome. You would have to watch your air and listen to your heartbeat since there is no sound when enemies come.

Yep, I like the idea! Including Beast mode.

An extra game mode (preferably up to 4 Players) that is about surviving enemy attacks would be the general idea I would like to see.

There is many ways they could do this,....

...50 Waves of increasingly harder enemies like Gears of War.

...11 Waves of survival for an extraction like Mass Effect.

...Unlimited amount of Waves like COD:Zombies (least favorite style)

...Time & Score based like Resident Evil.

I would say an amazing mode would be a few players surviving a Necro Outbreak on a Ship with Objectives like Locking Down areas or Unlocking new rooms.

There would be a Map Selection of different medium size Ships from the Dead Space universe.

And for the replay value it could be Scores, but more importantly for the new DS3 setup, Weapon Customizing.

Constantly getting resources to level up our Character Profile.

That would be a cool thing to add, a horde mode. A three man fireteam would be sick and would promote team work. If one person goes down then the other two still have to move on one man short. Alternating objectives would be cool too. One person could use stasis to fix some equipment like an elevator while the other two fend off necros or Unitologists. Another mission could require the three people to split and time out their own objectives so at the same time they all hit a button and something happens.

A horde mode would be neat, but it would have to have a unique twist to keep it interesting. Maybe even give it just a tiny story of some sort. Like every ten waves of increasingly hard enemies and more, you have to move up to evacuate a ship. Each wave you're trying to keep the necromorphs at bay to let remaining survivors get to the pods. After that, you move up through the ship to help those further on. Once you get as many survivors out as possible, you have to head back and escape yourself.

Other than that, Zero-G Basketball. 4v4. Enough said.

LOL I forgot about that from DS. Nice idea.

How about in Zero-G Basketball instead of a ball, it's one of those exploding babies?  And if you get the baby and don't take a shot within two or three seconds, it explodes and you're dead for the rest of that round.  Kidding kind of.  

But back to the horde mode, I'd also really like to see a horde mode that's kind of like ME3's co-op mode.  Kind of a horde mode with objectives kind of thing.  That would be super fun I bet.   

[quote user="CollapseControl"]

An extra game mode (preferably up to 4 Players) that is about surviving enemy attacks would be the general idea I would like to see.

There is many ways they could do this,....

...50 Waves of increasingly harder enemies like Gears of War.

...11 Waves of survival for an extraction like Mass Effect.

...Unlimited amount of Waves like COD:Zombies (least favorite style)

...Time & Score based like Resident Evil.

I would say an amazing mode would be a few players surviving a Necro Outbreak on a Ship with Objectives like Locking Down areas or Unlocking new rooms.

There would be a Map Selection of different medium size Ships from the Dead Space universe.

And for the replay value it could be Scores, but more importantly for the new DS3 setup, Weapon Customizing.

Constantly getting resources to level up our Character Profile.

[/quote]why not have all 4? variety is the spice of life. a small twist for the unlimited waves is that when one person dies, they turn into a necromorph and join them against their own teammates. or, keeping with a small story feel, make it similar to left 4 deads gameplay. 4v4 where the humans are characters from the main story (or a side story of survivors) and 4 random necros. the tank could be that bigass regenerating one at certain points of the game. it makes more use of co-op play and makes you work together as opposed to how most will play: lone-wolf.

I like what CollapseControl was talking about at the end (the mode with maps surviving a necro outbreak). Also, I don't think they should add too many different modes at once, ME3 I think had the right balance plus they tried a imitation L4D mode before and it was just "meh". I know that's what helps sell a lot of these other games but I think PvP would be bad in Dead Space (just my opinion). For the new Dead Space, SP/Co-op Campaign, New Game+ Modes and a Survival-Horde Mode with all the DS twists would be AWESOME!