Hoping for NO Hardcore mode..

Anyone else feel this way?? I feel that hardcore mode somewhat ruined Bad Company 2 for me as well as some of the people I play with. Long story short, back when BC2 came out I had a nice group of people lined up to play, but a few who were of course COD players thought for some reason hardcore was the only way to play battlefield so of course we all had somewhat of a split and the COD vs BC2 arguments began. LOL. Funny how the hardcore fans seem to be big fans of COD..

My other gripe about hardcore being in battlefield is that "HARDCORE MODE" was originally intended for a game like COD where their are 500,000 - 1,500,000 people online daily, where a game like BC2 i dont know the numbers but im sure just a fraction of COD user base. SO the problem is with all these split up people between core, hardcore, rush, conquest it becomes more difficult to find a good room. Now im not saying ive been in all empty rooms, i have gotten into big rooms lately, but after 5-10 minutes usually the room thins out and you have to go searching for a new room. At this point I usually go back and play 1943 because NO HARDCORE = NICE FULL SERVER and long intense matches.

So does anyone know if hardcore will be present?? It would be nice if Battlefield just went back to "BATTLEFIELD" and had friendly fire and no red markers above your head while having one "CORE" mode that caters to all whether you play rush or conquest.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm guessing they will have a hardcore mode for those who don't like to play core mainly because they want to get more people playing this game. I really couldn't care if they have Hardcore or not since I find it too slow and everyone just camps all day even if they are attacking on rush so I don't play hardcore. At least we don't have to wait too much longer to find out.

its the killcam and crappy spotting system that causes people to play HC, core is the mode most like cod-and yes there is gonna be a HC in bf3 thank god

There will be a hardcore mode people actually like playing that.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="APOCACIDE"]

its the killcam and crappy spotting system that causes people to play HC, core is the mode most like cod-and yes there is gonna be a HC in bf3 thank god

[/quote]

That is such bad argument.

Spotting has been in BF since BF2, get over it.

If you wanna play "realistically" Arma is that way.

Sounds like all your friends play hardcore, and you do not like hardcore.

I like and play both. I don't think a hardcore game mode hurts the game in any way. If you don't like it, don't play it.

[quote user="ComedyInK"]

[quote user="APOCACIDE"]

[/quote]

[/quote]its a great argument there were never killcams and to spot u actually had to hit someone, if they got away they went blank in a few seconds, so it was never like this, maybe u should get over it cause reg mode is like cod

why do you "core only!" guys hate HC so much?.....it's like you're threatened or something....geez, the guys I play HC with aren't sitting around griping and crying about the core guys saying they ruined Battlefield bla bla bla.....frankly they don't care what mode people play.....but every single time a "core only!" person brings it up.....they're all hostile.....geez a player can't simply enjoy the game the way it is without some punk getting bent on tossing out an insult...shut up...it's being petulant at this point in time.....said it a hundred times by now, some people, myself included can play and enjoy both game modes....as neither requires more skill than the other...they're just a little different from each other ...also, how did HC ruin battlefield for anyone?....if you don't like it, don't play it...that's just a stupid argument

and for the record, spotting is still in HC, it's just a tad more realistic as you have to access a different screen to view the map.....as for the killcam, it's never been in another BF game before this one.....'cause y'know spotting and a killcam are two different things after all

[quote user="NIZMO s13"]

Anyone else feel this way?? I feel that hardcore mode somewhat ruined Bad Company 2 for me as well as some of the people I play with. Long story short, back when BC2 came out I had a nice group of people lined up to play, but a few who were of course COD players thought for some reason hardcore was the only way to play battlefield so of course we all had somewhat of a split and the COD vs BC2 arguments began. LOL.

So your friends like hardcore & you don't... Get over it & find some new friends that play core.

Funny how the hardcore fans seem to be big fans of COD..

I'm a hardcore fan & I hate CoD.

My other gripe about hardcore being in battlefield is that "HARDCORE MODE" was originally intended for a game like COD where their are 500,000 - 1,500,000 people online daily, where a game like BC2 i dont know the numbers but im sure just a fraction of COD user base. SO the problem is with all these split up people between core, hardcore, rush, conquest it becomes more difficult to find a good room.

LOL!

Now im not saying ive been in all empty rooms, i have gotten into big rooms lately, but after 5-10 minutes usually the room thins out and you have to go searching for a new room. At this point I usually go back and play 1943 because NO HARDCORE = NICE FULL SERVER and long intense matches.

Search some more?

So does anyone know if hardcore will be present??

Wouldn't have a clue. It better be!

It would be nice if Battlefield just went back to "BATTLEFIELD" and had friendly fire and no red markers above your head while having one "CORE" mode that caters to all whether you play rush or conquest.

I disagree.

[/quote]

[quote user="APOCACIDE"]

[quote user="ComedyInK"]

[quote user="APOCACIDE"]

[/quote]

[/quote]its a great argument there were never killcams and to spot u actually had to hit someone, if they got away they went blank in a few seconds, so it was never like this, maybe u should get over it cause reg mode is like cod

[/quote]

BF2:MC also had a different type of killcam, that was much worse in giving away enemy postion, yet I didn't read or hear one person complaining about it.  Spotting and killcams is a bad argument, they don't change the pace of the game as dramatically as without their interference. Command Rose/Spotting and Killcam would be a good argument.

And how is 'Core' ANYTHING like CoD?

[quote user="II PARALLAX II"]

why do you "core only!" guys hate HC so much?.....it's like you're threatened or something....geez, the guys I play HC with aren't sitting around griping and crying about the core guys saying they ruined Battlefield bla bla bla.....frankly they don't care what mode people play.....but every single time a "core only!" person brings it up.....they're all hostile.....geez a player can't simply enjoy the game the way it is without some punk getting bent on tossing out an insult...shut up...it's being petulant at this point in time.....said it a hundred times by now, some people, myself included can play and enjoy both game modes....as neither requires more skill than the other...they're just a little different from each other ...also, how did HC ruin battlefield for anyone?....if you don't like it, don't play it...that's just a stupid argument

and for the record, spotting is still in HC, it's just a tad more realistic as you have to access a different screen to view the map.....as for the killcam, it's never been in another BF game before this one.....'cause y'know spotting and a killcam are two different things after all

[/quote]

I've never said I hated hardcore, I dislike it because there is no good reason to support the mode. The only argument ever to arise in favor of HC is no killcams and spotting.