Hoping for loads of new races.

I've not seen any new information from Bioware about new alien races appearing in Mass Effect 3. Forget about the dreaded "M" word thats took over the forum for a moment and lets talk about the important thing that makes Mass Effect truly great and thats its universe and story.

We've read small snippets about the newly introduced bird race known as the Raloi, but I want a hell of alot more new races. There's billions of ideas Bioware could use for creating new aliens e.g. Insects, fish, plants etc etc.

There could be loads of side missions for Shepard to do, like going through new unexplored Mass Relays and rallying new race allies.

Any ideas anyone?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Of course that would be sweet, but realistically, the only "new" races that we'll probably see is "huskified" versions of the ones that we're all ready familiar with.  I remember that Raloi thread, it was a winged creature of some sort wasn't it?...:-)

There's also the VAs. I think encountering them in some form would be very cool. 2 added drell, batarians (since they only appeared in DLC and books), vorcha, and the yahg in shadow broker. That makes 4 new races, 3 if you don't count batarians. Yahg only made a cameo so I would still consider them new and they're confirmed to return. So assuming the VAs and Raloi are in there you can expect 1 more if 3 follows that trend.

Also, to arkhey, I don't think the raloi had wings but they were bird-like with a beak and whatnot. They resemble humanoid dodos and have to wear suits like our good friends the quarians because of an outbreak of a flu virus that they were exposed to when they encountered so many new races and their assorted germs.

Just picture a human sized Bold Eagle with no wings Arkham :-)

It would be sweet if Bioware had a totally new alien race that only the developers know about and is super secret. Lol.

Yeah, found some concept art of The Raloi, "Bald Eagle with no wings" and "humanoid dodos" both very suitable descriptions.  I'm more curious about the VAs that Miss Pwny mentioned, first I've heard of them...:-)  

Thanks for that, excuse my imagination here, but could they be talking about The Reapers themselves?  The Keepers could definitely be their "Citadel Contact", and upon first glimpse of The Illusive Man, does he not look like what they're describing there?...:-)

Just realised I made a typo - Bald Eagle not Bold Eagle. Thanks Arkham. It would be interesting to learn the VA's history and culture and to actually see what they used to look like before they downloaded themselves onto a big computer.

I don't think they are Reapers, or have anything to do with the first two games, but I wouldn't be shocked if the first Reapers came into existence along similar lines. It makes sense that they would have processed themselves to create a fledgling fleet for whatever purpose (avoiding extinction, war, transcendence, etc.). It would be natural to find a way to preserve one's race, to go beyond the bounds of time and mortality...

I bet they have the key to defeating the Reapers. They may even be their creators!