Hopefully the racing physics and realism are improved from fm3.

I was in a multiplayer lobby and me and the others were discussing how the physics from fm3 needed lots of improvement.  For example, a bmw m3 is a very easy car in real life to just get in and drift it, completely stock. You cannot do that in forza for some reason. The cars in this game do not behave the same way they do in real life.

I know there are lots of cars and getting every one accurate is not easy, but it would be a lot more fun if the game was more realistic in that sense. Does anyone else feel this way? Or do me and my friends all just suck at this game? Btw, if anyone knows how to tune an e46 m3 for drifting, message me, im really frustrated at this point. Its pretty easy in real life.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

IMO the crash physics are wrong. barely bumping someone shoots them creating exciting but unrealistic crash scenes.  the effect seems to be worse or enhanced more in F3 than in past versions of forza.  having converted to PC racing mostly it has driven home how annoying it is to be lightly bumped and go flinging off the track.  it really shouldn't be like that......

I think one of the biggest problems with FM3 is that in general, the cars just have too much grip.  With a car like the M3, you should be able to turn into a corner, and once you feel some understeer, give a quick stab to the throttle to step the back out, and guide the car through the rest of the turn.  With the default tune settings for most cars, it's really difficult to do that in the game...you either have to mash the throttle completely (and sometimes even that doesn't work), or go into the tune itself and start altering settings.

Those are some good points too, but at least its not gt5's crash physics.

Yeah too much tuning is required in this game, I dont even know how to tune that well. Its especially difficult to tune cars that are slow also, you have buy so many upgrades to keep up with everyone online.

[quote user="Bimmers Ftw"]

Yeah too much tuning is required in this game, I dont even know how to tune that well. Its especially difficult to tune cars that are slow also, you have buy so many upgrades to keep up with everyone online.

[/quote]

You don't need to be able to tune.  Other folks can do that for you.  You can hop onto the Storefront and download tuning setups, often for either free or next to nothing, and that includes even some good ones.  Alternatively, there's the handy online tuning tool, and while it won't produce the best possible tuning setups it still makes an improvement.

Think the physics are disappointing now...wait till they have to start handling johhny casual and his 3 year old son driving with Kinect.  Good chance the physics will be worse, because they will have to account for Kinect users with the same physics model.

I seriously doubt they'll allow for the automatic Kinect controlled cars and 'real' drivers to be in the same game.

That simply wouldn't be fun for either type of gamer. As such I suspect it will be more like a 'party-game'-gametype (ie : an optional extra with fun instead of ultra-realistic physics that you can avoid ... ).

E3 info seems to suggest they've 'rewritten physics from scratch' (given how little time they had one has to wonder how true such a statement can be)  ...

I just hope I can once again damage the engine of my car like I used to do in Forza 1 (or was it F2?).

I have kinect, when the game comes out I'll do a review for you guys and let you know how it goes.

I think they should expand upon the tuning concept within the game so that when you do test runs you could record performance data. this could then be pulled into a spread sheet after uploading to FM.net and be reviewed by you and others so you could get advice on what to do better (either tuning or driving) to improve your track performace.

oh and Bimmers, I don't know if you've seen this but to me (Mustang guy) I thought this a good watch

2011 Mustang GT vs M3 drag and track

you can damage your engine in FM3, i accidentally dropped into 1st from third(some reason thought i was in fourth) on a tight turn by accident, and my cars engine lit up like a christmas tree, made me feel bad for my car  =-(

Yeah that could happen, but thats a little different from what Im talking about.