Honestly, Xbox 360 without Xbox LIVE Gold just isn't the same.

There's way too many applications, content, online gaming, communicating and more that without Xbox LIVE Gold members miss out unfortunately, and even though the £1/€1/$1 might not always be available, there's possibly discounts elsewhere.

-

I can't believe how much I've been missing out on XBL Gold. Netflix is amazing but still has some shows missing that I wanted to watch (The Simpsons / Dragon Ball Z & Dexter Seasons 4-7), either way, for £5.99 it's really cheap for what the user's getting since there's plenty of variety for everyone.

-

Oh yes, this upcoming Monday I'll be purchasing the new black Xbox Media Remote:

Looks to be better than the previous one and smaller.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Is that a record button on the remote? Does that mean I can just hit the button right before I do my l33t 720 no scope? But your right Phil Xbox wouldn't be the same without gold. When I've had the misfortune of letting my membership expire playing offline is just so bland and boring.

Spoken like a true Microsoft PR Representative.

I have gold and don't use any of it's features. I do play online mp once in a blue moon.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I don`t bother with gold since they stopped the dashboard offers.

there are several other ways of getting old tv shows without using xbox live.

you are basically paying for that service twice when you pay both for gold and the subscription to the app.

Having to pay for Gold on top of your Netflix account when you can get it at no additional charge online using your PC or PS3.  Really pathetic that MS charges you a fee to use Apps that are free to use on other devices.  Like SicFrog said spoken like a true Microsoft PR Representative.  

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

I don`t bother with gold since they stopped the dashboard offers.

[/quote]

I've seen 1 month for $1 a few times just over the last week or so while my girlfriend was signed in with her account. I did notice that there never seemed to be any offers while I had the beta dashboard, but I started seeing them again after it was released to the public.

Gold is awesome, The cost of it is cheap becaue £40 a year works out to not even 10p a day netflix is better on xbox than ps 3 i have both and used both. So it should be to i guess as you have to have gold to use it. With gold i know what i am getting where as ps plus you seem to pe paying for the illusion of free games but the games are not free because there gone once you choose not to subcribe no more there gone. Gold is getting me the use of the apps online play, discounts access to content faster than sliver members and the occasional free to play game,  PS + gets you game on the condition of keeping your subcribtion so what is the point because if i can do everything psn has to offer with out paying? As time goes on ms add more and more things to live. PSN just seems to be there because xbox live is doing so welll and sony want a peice of the pie.

Anyone that has gold is the kind of person that does not expect to get everything for free. people that moan about gold are the kind of people that expect everything handed to them for nothing.

^^ Sorry, but that opinion that the games you get for free from PSN + stinks because you have to keep your subscription is bogus. If you pay for the games, you keep them just like Xbox LIVE. You would think differently if Xbox gave gold members free games all the time, but you lost them if you reverted to a silver account.

-

Free games are free games and that's awesome no matter what way you slice it.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

[quote user="brandiesel1"]

I have gold and don't use any of it's features. I do play online mp once in a blue moon.

[/quote]

Same. My favorite game is Skyrim and don't need gold to play that. I watch Netflix once in awhile on this system but I mostly use it on my computer while gaming. I don't play multiplayer on this system that much anymore, partly because the games I have left for the 360 I don't like the online part ( see Dead Space 2, Madden 13 etc ). Not even sure why I have gold to be honest. I should cancel it before I renew next August. I just hate the thought of talking to someone in India, who I can't understand at all....

Only feature I use when I am gold is online multiplayer and party chat.