Honest Hearts (anything goes)

Okay! Twice I tried to get starter here and twice I failed the first 4 or 5 quests almost at start up.

I'm told that Follows Chalk is supposed to be friendly but neither time did I see him until after I crossed the rope bridge and he immediately starts to shoot at me. I killed him twice and the quest just start logging off as failed.

Am I supposed to wait for him or something?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Never happened to me. Sounds like you got bugged somehow. I remember crossing the bridge and having him walking up to me to start a conversation.

After your initial party of 5 gets slaughtered right before the bridge, and you kill all the white legs, you are intro'd to Follows Chalk.  He talks to you as you cross the mid point of the bridge, at least for me he did.

This DLC is kind of strange as it appears you can't play certain missions out of order.  For an example, I wanted to go to the cliffs and find the calf, but the game forced me to go to the camp at the bottom of the mountain first.  Strange.

Cheers

Not for me, I actually managed to find the calf and complete that quest before I visit the camp.

[quote user="vairkjosa"]

Okay! Twice I tried to get starter here and twice I failed the first 4 or 5 quests almost at start up.

I'm told that Follows Chalk is supposed to be friendly but neither time did I see him until after I crossed the rope bridge and he immediately starts to shoot at me. I killed him twice and the quest just start logging off as failed.

Am I supposed to wait for him or something?

[/quote]

I thought Follows-Chalk was shooting at me, but he was shooting at the White Legs guy that was shooting me. When that last White Legs warrior died I got the mission complete popup.....I also played on easy so FC can't die.

Okay! I'll try that then. Maybe he was shooting at the other guy but his dot sure looked red to me. I'll give him another chance to kiss and make up.

At least I know where everything is now. Been there twice already.

Thanks!

Well, when you met Follows-Chalk, if you head up towards right side, you'll get to the camp really quickly which quest to find calf is there as well.

As far as Follows-Chalk attacking you, umm there is a White Leg on some high point as you cross bridge shooting at you, which Follows- Chalk takes down when he runs up on 'em from behind. Then dialogue with player should start.

I had the same problem as the OP at first.  I later determined it was because I shot Follows-Chalk by accident when I was shooting the White Legs on the hill after the bridge.  I explored the entire map and everyone was my enemy including Daniel so I killed everyone and left Honest Hearts altogether only to find that I didn't get any achievements.  On my 2nd attempt I didn't shoot F-C and he started a dialogue with me.  All is well this time!

Going to try that this weekend. See if I can just hang back and let FC do the dirty work.