Holy Cow why was this game released?

I have had MTG on xbox since it came out. The game was good enought to weather through the glitches, cheaters and initially unbalanced decks. I bought all the DLC and enjoyed it despite it's short comings. But someone please explaine to me why the 2012 version seems to have learned nothing from the initial release and development???

I have been reveiewing these posts and it is just like the original all over again, timer glitches again!? you have to be kidding me. This is just sad. Are there at least new features that make this game worthwhile?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I wouldn't listen to most of the people on forums about anything. They really don't know what they are talking about. Personally I believe that this version is better than the first by leaps and bounds. Most of the problems I had with the first game have been corrected. You can now remove any cards from the decks that you want so you can add in the unlocked better cards, remove the bad cards, and keep the deck at 60 cards. The loading times are way less than the first game. Archenemy mode is a fun addition, and you can play co-op online now.

[quote user="Alazam"]

I wouldn't listen to most of the people on forums about anything. They really don't know what they are talking about. [/quote]

Really? Everyone I know on here sometimes takes up to 10-15 games to finally find a game when joining a game. You pretty much have to host unless you want the host to 'quick swap' his deck against yours since decks are visible in ranked games. People stall with nothing to do about it. The game glitches up (sometimes for all players). Sometimes you draw cards and it's a card that's not even in your deck. An example would be islands in a Chandra deck or nothing but the five basic lands in Jace, etc, etc. Should I even mention you can't even play ranked 2HG with a teammate of your choosing? And to top it all off, you win and it gives you a loss. @ OP: My last 4 wins in 2HG were rewarded with losing points. That's when I knew I was done with this POS game until the developers fix it. Oh and to Alazam, those complaints are coming from 3 different high ranked (top 20 players). Myself included.

The fact that they released a game where you can see the deck you opponent is using, makes my point. They went through this with the first game. Why on earth would you release a new one where you can see the deck? It is just dumb.

Being highly ranked on the leaderboard of this game doesn't really mean anything. There is not a lot of actual Magic the Gathering skill needed to play this game. That was the entire point of the game, to invite new players to learn the game and maybe want to play paper Magic or MTGO. You can't expect a $10 version of Magic to be perfect by any means. This is not meant to replace paper Magic or MTGO. It is meant to be a cheap, easy way for new players to learn the game and veterans to have a quick fix here and there. Frankly, I have played paper Magic since 1994-95 so I have forgotten more about the game than most people will ever know. And I believe that for $10 this is a great game that should not be held up to such a high standard. If it were a full retail $60 release then I would have complaints as well, but for what it is it is still a good game. I really hate people that have to complain about every tiny flaw in every single game. The simple fact is that most people complain too much, and most people don't know what they are talking about in the first place. And frankly, this game is selling like crazy just like the first so I guarantee they don't care what a few complainers on a forum they don't read say about it...

10 dollars, 5 dollars, free. It isn't the cost that concerns me, it is that they didn't take the time to integrate stuff they already learned, It is just  lazy and dumb.

So what I'm gathering is the topic creator doesn't own the game, but is basing their opinion on forum posts? Ok. That's reasonable.

Bottom line. This game is better than the first one.

As for what The Ninja said. I find games instantly and I have NEVER once pulled a card that wasn't in my deck.

But by all means, don't take my word for it. After all, I'm only posting on a forum.

[quote user="Bredfan"]

So what I'm gathering is the topic creator doesn't own the game, but is basing their opinion on forum posts? Ok. That's reasonable.

Bottom line. This game is better than the first one.

As for what The Ninja said. I find games instantly and I have NEVER once pulled a card that wasn't in my deck.

But by all means, don't take my word for it. After all, I'm only posting on a forum.

[/quote]

Yes I am getting my information from the posts on the forum, that is why I am asking. So can someone confirm that the following:

1) you can or can't see your opponent's deck before you start?

2) you can or can't stall the a game either using a card's ability to mess with game the clock or any other way?

I do get that people whine on forums, but there seem to be a lot of them so I am looking for confirmation. . .

Yes. You can see people's decks beforehand. However, as long as you host the match it's not an issue.

I have run into a staller or two. Again, not nearly as big a deal as the forums will have you believe. I have played hundreds of ranked and unranked games and maybe run into 3-4 stallers total. And out of those, only one was committed to it enough for it to aggravate me.

One thing to keep in mind. You're almost always going to hear more negative than positive on message boards. People who have negative things to say are more vocal. People who like the game usually don't post about it becase they're too busy playing it.

If you liked DOTP 2009, you're going to like this game. If you didn't like the first game you won't like this one. It's that simple.

OK then my point has been made. I'm not saying the game is bad. I'm saying it is ridiculous that it was released with the same problems (that were mostly fixed in the original) that the original had upon its release. It is just lazy and stupid.

So then don't buy it. LOL

I mean cmon. Not only are you complaining about something you don't own, and therefore really don't know how "bad" it is. But you're doing it pretty passionately. It's just a little weird, IMO.

This game's deck balance is much different than 2009. Frankly, I think hiding decks would just lead to everyone playing the same deck all the time. Especially once the DLC hits.