Holding points on Moon (2 player +)

Moon is a really tough map, its awesome! i played a few times with a friend last night and we found maybe 1 good area to hold that was sucessful until the late teen rounds, running a circuit seems to work but its easier to co ordinate 1 place to lockdown if you have the firepower. aside the place im about to describe have any other places worked for anyone?

When you reach the room that has 1 door going outside (where mule kick is) and 1 door going into that dome thing with the jump pads go outside and round passed the teleporter onto the walkway. there is a door that costs 1000 that you should be standing next to that leads into the dome. do not open it. this is a decent place to hold and in the early rounds you can even do it with the ak74 that is nearby.

the zombies spawn on only 1 side of the walk way and they climb over the railings, you need 1 person holding them off here and its easy because they come up 1 at a time and their heads are always in the same place. save the ammo and go for the headshots. the other person needs to hold them off from coming round the teleporter. even when there is a lot of them coming some seem to fall down where the teleporter is so that thins down the train of zombies and stops them grouping up and becoming overwhelming. needless to say whoever is doing this should have an LMG.

there is some problems with the place, if you do get cornered and have to use the door into the dome you are screwed for next round, if you do use the teleporter and it hasnt cooled down till the next round no zombies fall down the hole and also if the spaceman comes you cant run. finally, the person killing the zombies at the railings is doing so before they zombies enter the map so there are rarely powerups, letting them in to such a tight space is a big risk.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I haven't found anything better than that. Most places I get overrun really quick and are forced to open a door.

We usually just use the excavator to break the biodome and then use the low gravity to avoid taking fall damage. It's pretty easy to avoid the zombies by bouncing around on the platforms. Sometimes the random box is there too.

...if we get that far. The furthest I've made is round 12.

my friend and I just stayed in the green bio dome, one on each side, and ran trains.  we got to level 21.  If things got hairy we would run outside by the teleporter.  but that never happened.  We prolly coulda made it further but we didn't know a nail on the floor would stop us from running in this one spot.

[quote user="Machete160"]

my friend and I just stayed in the green bio dome, one on each side, and ran trains.  we got to level 21.  If things got hairy we would run outside by the teleporter.  but that never happened.  We prolly coulda made it further but we didn't know a nail on the floor would stop us from running in this one spot.

[/quote]This is what we did, too. It's an awesome 2 person strategy. We also got to 21, but coulda gotten so much farther! We went to pap our weapons at the end of 20, got trapped in the receiving area, and ended up having to let the astronaut dkhead grab us to teleport us back to the dome. I lost my juggy, so I got knocked down quickly, and my teammate lost his Mule Kick, which took away the HK21 he had just pap'd. If the excavators hadn't trapped us, and we coulda kept going, I think we woulda made it well into the 20's with ease. It's easy to get zombie trains going in the dome, and easy to dodge them.

[quote user="Agent 7K"]got trapped in the receiving area, and ended up having to let the astronaut dkhead grab us to teleport us back to the dome. [/quote]

The best way to avoid that problem is next time grab the hacker device and then teleport back to earth.  That way when you teleport back to the moon you can hack the excavators and head back to the dome.

How do you get to earth with a hacker? I had accidentally blown the windows in the desk area where you pick up the hacker, so we couldn't figure out how to get it all the way to the teleporter.

[quote user="Agent 7K"]

How do you get to earth with a hacker? I had accidentally blown the windows in the desk area where you pick up the hacker, so we couldn't figure out how to get it all the way to the teleporter.

[/quote]

Well ideally you don't break the windows. But you can also just contiously revive the person with hacker, again, hopefully with the refibrillater or quick revive until you get to earth.