Hitman: Blood Money

I don't know where this issue belongs and I don't care. I'm willing to pay for a game and you're giving me an infinite loop.

Before I even start this discussion, I'd like you all to know I live in Canada. Unless I can get a valid response from a Canadian user or Canadian admin, I really don't care about any of your opinions. They are null and void because I do not live in the US.

I recently bought a prepaid MasterCard for use on Xbox Live. I registered it via Xbox LIVE and everything is set up for my payment option via credit card.
The reason I bought this card was to purchase a copy of Hitman: Blood Money off the Xbox LIVE Games Marketplace. A few weeks ago I browsed the Marketplace and saw Hitman: Blood Money for $29.99. I thought, "Gee, what a steal! I should see if I can't get my hands on a copy!" So I went to my local game store; lo and behold, no copies of Hitman: Blood Money. So I decided to go with the online purchase.

I bought the prepaid card and registered it. Having 50 dollars credit on my account, I went to the Marketplace to find Hitman:Blood Money again. All I can do is get a free trial or rate the game which I have yet to play on the Xbox 360. Naturally since I don't have the legit game, I rated 1 star. Nevertheless, I went to the website via my "Trusted" PC, tried to download the game directly to the 360, and entered an infinite loop. I entered my username and password, got redirected to my [irrelevant] security settings, and tried again. Same loop. And again.

So I searched the forums. Downloaded the 2012 version of Windows Live Essentials, installed all the fixings, tried again. Same infinite loop.
Downloaded SkyDrive. Added my PC. Removed it. Added it again. Waited 20 minutes. Same infinite loop.

You're Microsoft. As programmers like me, I thought you would know how to avoid errors like this. Instead, I'm very disgruntled and dissatisfied with the whole Windows Live experience. I'd like someone from this website to tell me why I shouldn't just get a PS3 and say screw it to this whole process. I'm willing to pay money so I can directly download ONE game to my Xbox, and instead of having my satisfaction I'm led to an obsolete infinite loop.

However, if there is a full fix to this headache, I'd like to be clear of this problem. All I wanted to do was pay the money and download Hitman: Blood Money on the Marketplace.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

Unfortunately, 3rd party cards (pre-paid credit cards) do not always work well with the live service.  The same could be said for any online service as they won't work with paypal either (I've tried).

My recommendation would be to create a paypal account and add the money to it.  Add the paypal to your account and you'll be good to go.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'll have to try that. The only real issue I'm having though is the loop of sign-ins and security settings. If the card was the main problem, it would only happen once I hit Confirm on the purchase screen. I haven't even gotten that far :-/

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey DaShirtBoy! I am sorry to hear about the experience you've had. I think we should be able to find you the answers you're looking for! We have a new community post regarding "How to Manage your Account Security Proofs" that is, in fact, written by a Canadian user (if I'm not mistaken). Will you check it out and let us know if you are able to purchase successfully. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Miss Kleo,

I will have to check that out the next chance I have. I likely won't be trying to buy anything off LIVE for a while, but thank you for your input. In the meantime, I will bookmark that page and use it for further reference if I come into that trouble again.

Sorry about being so disgruntled; I kind of lost my cool when I was writing, just because I was that flustered with going through that loop.

Thanks for your input. It is very much appreciated. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Not to worry! I'm happy to help! Don't hesitate to post back with questions regarding your proofs or for any other support you might need. We'll be here for you. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

It tells me hitman blood money is not available in my region. Can Canada not download it?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, Larch15. As this thread is quite old can you please create a new one for us? We'd be happy to assist!

Sorry this didn't help.

Why has nobody answered the initial question which is... Why can't we get Hitman Blood Money in Canada, and how do we fix this problem?

It's on for $6.50 right now on my dashboard but it wont let me download it, just the demo is there. I would like to take advantage of this deal and buy it but this problem needs to be fixed first. Nowhere on the xbox does it say "NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA", so aren't we entitled to have this deal as well xbox support?

Sorry this didn't help.

Looking at the website here it seems as though it is available in Canada.

marketplace.xbox.com/.../66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802534307db

Also, for future reference please do not resurrect an old thread.  It would be better to create your own for an issue.

Sorry this didn't help.