Hit box detection...

Anyone else find that the hit box detection in this game is a bit messed up at times.

Scorpion's spear can catch me mid-teleport. What's that all about?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

[quote user="IAmRadicalPanda"]

Anyone else find that the hit box detection in this game is a bit messed up at times.

[/quote]

Yes, the hit boxes don't always work correctly or they can have odd parameters.  I've seen Scorpion's Spear pass through someone, or in certain situations, his Enhanced Spear will miss when his normal Spear will connect.

There's other oddities too, and I believe it's because the hitboxes are designed around the individual character models instead of being more generic like in the original 2D fighters.

--
Juxtapose13

[quote user="Juxtapose13"]

[/quote]

Yes, the hit boxes don't always work correctly or they can have odd parameters.  I've seen Scorpion's Spear pass through someone, or in certain situations, his Enhanced Spear will miss when his normal Spear will connect.

There's other oddities too, and I believe it's because the hitboxes are designed around the individual character models instead of being more generic like in the original 2D fighters.

[/quote]

I'm finding it hard to get used to but gradually working my way into the the best ways of avoiding damage.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm finding it hard to get used to but gradually working my way into the the best ways of avoiding damage.

[/quote]

Anything in particular you're having trouble with?

--
Juxtapose13

Well I'm practicing with Cyber Sub-Zero and I find Scorpion quite tough to fight against due to that spear having priority over my teleport. I've not tried sliding under yet and not sure if that'll work or not...

I quite like Johnny Cage, Liu Kang and Jade's moves but wanna try mastering Cyber Sub-Zero first.

Well I'm practicing with Cyber Sub-Zero and I find Scorpion quite tough to fight against due to that spear having priority over my teleport. I've not tried sliding under yet and not sure if that'll work or not...

I quite like Johnny Cage, Liu Kang and Jade's moves but wanna try mastering Cyber Sub-Zero first.

[/quote]

Okay, I don't know Cyber Sub-Zero so well so I can't really advise you on him specifically, but I do know Scorpion so I can talk a bit about him.  Basically his Spear is great for furthering or mixing into combos, but on it's own to start things off more often then not it'll be blocked leaving him wide open to a punish.  I don't see too many Cyber Sub-Zero's, but once the Spear is blocked Sub-Zero can usually counter with an Ice Ball, Slide, Enhanced Slide (gives him armour), or if he's close enough begin a very punishing combo.

For the other three, I don't use them either (though both Johnny Cage and Jade are on my to-learn list).  I main Mileena with Kitana as my secondary now followed by Scorpion.  Also learning Sub-Zero.

--
Juxtapose13

[/quote]

Okay, I don't know Cyber Sub-Zero so well so I can't really advise you on him specifically, but I do know Scorpion so I can talk a bit about him.  Basically his Spear is great for furthering or mixing into combos, but on it's own to start things off more often then not it'll be blocked leaving him wide open to a punish.  I don't see too many Cyber Sub-Zero's, but once the Spear is blocked Sub-Zero can usually counter with an Ice Ball, Slide, Enhanced Slide (gives him armour), or if he's close enough begin a very punishing combo.

For the other three, I don't use them either (though both Johnny Cage and Jade are on my to-learn list).  I main Mileena with Kitana as my secondary now followed by Scorpion.  Also learning Sub-Zero.

[/quote]

Ok, cool thanks for the advice.

I'll try a few practice runs in training :)

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok, cool thanks for the advice.

I'll try a few practice runs in training :)

[/quote]

Give this video a watch, might help you a bit with Cyber Sub-Zero:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shf5i1yKkLs

--
Juxtapose13