Hipfiring crosshair... YOU SERIOUS?

I just want to say I rarely come onto these forums, so making this post just shows how cheesed off I am.

It's hard to stay optimistic with GoW: Judgment with some of the approaches taken to cater for, let's face it, the CoD fan base, but I have managed to take a lot of new additions to the game with a pinch of salt. One thing I cannot get over is the stupid idea of implementing crosshairs for hipfire. The skill involved in Gears requires a player to know how to aim with the gnasher, for example, and it always has been this way since Gears 1. So why add these crosshairs now?

This is seriously going to impact the game, from gnasher battles to blindfiring with rifles. I mean can you imagine how much a guy taking cover and using his blindfire crosshair to pop your head from long range is going to wind you up? Without even making himself vulnerable? I just find that ridiculous. I understand there may be certain weapons without this crosshair, but still, My view is that they are completely unnecessary and simply destroying the learning curve which gears has always required. Am I the only one who thinks this!?

It's becoming ever so increasingly difficult to stay a loyal fan of this franchise when you are chipping away at it. Gears 1 was amazing, gritty and gory. Gears 2 was such a let down with bugs and a crappy campaign. Gears 3 was your chance at redemption which you achieved and have enjoyed as much as Gears 1 even to this day. Keep this ongoing achievement of customer satisfaction going. Listen to your fans before you lose a whole lot more respect from your customers.

LankMaster J

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Do not expect this game to play anything like the others. Just mentally block out the other three games or you will be disappointed in what Gears has become.

This series has been stripped and dumbed down so that the Halo and CoD players can play this.

PCF and Epic know you and I and the other millions of Gears fans will buy this just because of the name so now they want the other gamers who left the series after the first was too hard for them.

The sights are on the standard playlist (casuals )

In the VIP playlists they don't have them

Maybe I am just blind, but I have yet to see crosshairs in any of the videos I have watched. Can someone please link us to a video that showcases them?

You can see them in the guts for gears multiplayer video. I didn't notice them until I used youtube on my xbox through my HDTV. I hadn't heard anything about them and I was shocked to see them!

well said sir. which falls into the same category with a grenade button and switching weapons button..

I believe is does take skill to switch on the fly using the d-pad.

[quote user="Joshio AZ85"]

well said sir. which falls into the same category with a grenade button and switching weapons button..

I believe is does take skill to switch on the fly using the d-pad.

[/quote]

That's true, using the D-pad is like Gears default and makes no sense for them to change it. Imagine if CoD changed their controls!? And how much hate they'd get if A became shoot and Y was jump? (Stupid controls for emphasis!) I think this is one thing I can come to grips with though, as annoying as it may be I find it easier to come to terms with. The hipfiring crosshair is where I drew the line at acceptance of ridiculousness

Another cod game.

Wow... A friend of mine just told me that he cancelled his preorder the other day. He was on a rant about no DBNO and the changes they made with the grenades and other stuff. I was going to rent it and see if I liked what they did with it before I outright purchased it. WAS being the key word... then I found out that if you don't preorder, you miss the chance of getting a permanent double XP bonus and access to some game modes.

I understand they want to boost the bottom line and get all the preorders they can and I wouldn't mind at all if I didn't have access to a bunch of character and weapon skins if I don't preorder... but just because I want to be frugal and/or careful with my gaming budget and try it first, just because I'm not so sure I like what they did with the game this time, I now won't have access to certain game types or the ability to rank up at the same rate as others? Seriously!?

I actually preordered every GOW game in the series... because I was looking forward to what they offered as a game and what they added to each new game... not because of what I might not get if I didn't. Looks like it won't even be staying on my rental list. Oh well. With Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite coming out all within a few weeks and GOW coming out right smack in the middle of them, I knew there would be one game that I probably wouldn't end up playing.

That decision just got easier. Tomb Raider (always wanted to try it) gets taken off the chopping block and GOW:J takes its place. Guess I should thank Epic/People Can Fail for the assist.

Exp bonus is through the Season Pass as well as a few maps and game modes

Maxim Magazine is paying for a map and game mode

I don't understand how you got bad info, might want to check your sources next time!! Might save you from looking foolish in the future

[quote user="Lord Dirt"]

Exp bonus is through the Season Pass as well as a few maps and game modes

Maxim Magazine is paying for a map and game mode

I don't understand how you got bad info, might want to check your sources next time!! Might save you from looking foolish in the future

[/quote]

Meh... I rarely buy season passes. I'd rather choose what content I get when it's released since many times I don't play the game long enough to warrant getting the last (in some cases last couple) of map packs or w/e. Just another way for them to make more money by making me have a vested interest in getting new DLC since I already paid for it. If I decide I don't like the new content, or there are certain content packs I'd rather pass on for any reason, that's just too bad if I already purchased the season pass. More often than not, I come out of it saving more than I waste that way.

I really don't recall for certain right now, but I may have read it exactly the way you just said it anyway. Thing is, since I rarely get season passes it still pretty much pertains to me in that context.

Being foolish is subjective... you know the old saying about a fool and his money... I can sit back and wait to see if this game turns out to be great or a steaming pile without spending a dime. If it surprises me and actually turns out good, I can still get it (probably at a discount from the rental service) and the season pass as well... who knows, the season pass might be worth it by then if the discount balances it out for me? That doesn't sound foolish to me.