Highly Recommend NOT BUYING THIS GAME

I've been a big fan of the gears series right from the start and in this one they decided to take everything i liked about the series and get rid of it, also they still have the level/stats reset bug which has been an online plauge in gears for ages which EPIC is to lazy to bother fixing also their support is none existant, have tried contacting they about getting reset after downloading a character to which they never helped and then had to try contact them again after earning medals which now no longer give me exp to which only the gears community attempted to help me with, so as soon as I have all the achievements on this game I will most likely be giving it away as in my eyes it's the biggest let down of the year, and I highly doubt I will be buying the next gears unless horde mode (gears 3 version) makes a return.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Just out of interest, do you gamesave?

Only you seem to have 2 achievements for GOW2 that have no date stamps and can't be gained offline..

Veteran Gear

Reach level 100 and win a match on each of the 4 Snowblind Map Pack maps (not Custom)

75 unlocked

- -

There should be a date stamp but there isn't.  The level 50 one is the same.  How did you unlock the achievements without meeting the "no custom" rule for the maps - meaning you need to play public Versus on the maps to get them.

was glitched to level 100 during a public game with several other people i turned my x-box off as soon as the game shown that i was level 100 thinking it wouldn't save but the level 100 stuck and gave me the achievement when i  went back on gears, so i contacted epic about it, to which they did nothing but reset everyone's stats, check the gears forum for the public glitch issue.

i know they changed a lot but i play it for what it is. survival and overun are a blast to play! i for one am happy with my purchase.

i think it's a downed version of gears 3....only 4 maps if i want to play TMD??  and i can't play as a locust on multiplayer?  all the same ribbons, onyx medals, ect basically...i was hoping for something better not a lesser version...Gears 3 still the best one.

no active reloads in multiplayer??  wtf?

Just wondering, if you hate a game, why talk trash on its forum?

just wondering, why you care..

i really dont, but its just the logic of it that dumbfounds me. But it is your opinion

why do people always want to tell others what to do with their money?

Fair enough OP.  Was just curious.  I know glitches like that can happen.  I vaguely remember something like that happening.

im just letting off some steam after getting 2nd re up then level 20 and getting randomly reset after downloading the alex brand character, and now any medal i get no longer gives me any exp, so i have to purely level up on crap exp, very tempted to buy double exp to help but i refuse to allow them to make any more money off me until they at least attempt to fix some of the many issues :(, the best thing is epic wont even help at all, the community is giving me the biggest help but to no avail was still stuck at level 1 :P