Hi there

So I'm planning to get BF3 tomorrow and I was wondering if anybody can show me the ropes on how to play. I'm migrating from COD so I know how to play FPS. Just friend request me or message me saying I can help :) Please and Thank you :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Grab gun. Shoot stuff. ???. Profit.

[quote user="HeyDomoArigato"]

So I'm planning to get BF3 tomorrow and I was wondering if anybody can show me the ropes on how to play. I'm migrating from COD so I know how to play FPS. Just friend request me or message me saying I can help :) Please and Thank you :)

[/quote]

Here's a link to a online guide.  Don't mind the saracsm, the premise is about right.   READ THIS

Okay, here are the basics:

1. Play the objective- Battlefield is heavily objective focused and people who only play for kills are generally not well liked.

2. Play slow- BF maps are huge compared to CoD and running around in the open will get you killed fast. Take your time and use the terrain to your advantage.

3. Be a team player- Each class in BF has unique abilities to help the team. For example Medics can revive downed teammates and give out medkits. Make sure to use these abilities as much as you can. 

4. Be in a squad- BF teams are broken down into 4 man squads. Being in a squad means you can spawn on your squad mates right in the action. You also get extra points for support actions done to your squad.

-

To start out, I'd recommend you use the server browser and play only on official DICE servers. It'll be easier to learn on those playing the default settings.

i good recommendation is to rent your own server for a day to be able to fully understand and properly utilize flight controls on helis and jets, then change them to what you're most comfortable with. since you're just starting out, go for kills to help rank your weapons and classes up. when you decide to start chatting and being strategic, make sure you tell your squad/team mates what you're setting up/about to do so they can either help you out or possibly run distraction. the best server for that is "communication is key" servers, as usually only 1 person doesn't have a mic or won't talk. be patient with these servers as they're full 90% of the time. also, be sure to switch VOIP to "team" (pause or class menu->squad & team->press up then left) to take advantage of your entire team in that server. when playing as assault or support, your medic and ammo bags won't disappear  when you change classes, but you're only allowed 1 of your own type on the field (1 medic AND 1 ammo) so you can't just throw a bunch all over the field lol. there are LOTS of strategies with them, so practice and learn. if you need help with something, send me a message on live or PM me on here.

Duck - I agree with the gist of what you're saying, but dude - there are HUNDREDS of empty servers, no need to use your own mony to create another.  

[quote user="PIRATE DUCK"]

i good recommendation is to rent your own server for a day to be able to fully understand and properly utilize flight controls on helis and jets, then change them to what you're most comfortable with. since you're just starting out, go for kills to help rank your weapons and classes up. when you decide to start chatting and being strategic, make sure you tell your squad/team mates what you're setting up/about to do so they can either help you out or possibly run distraction. the best server for that is "communication is key" servers, as usually only 1 person doesn't have a mic or won't talk. be patient with these servers as they're full 90% of the time. also, be sure to switch VOIP to "team" (pause or class menu->squad & team->press up then left) to take advantage of your entire team in that server. when playing as assault or support, your medic and ammo bags won't disappear  when you change classes, but you're only allowed 1 of your own type on the field (1 medic AND 1 ammo) so you can't just throw a bunch all over the field lol. there are LOTS of strategies with them, so practice and learn. if you need help with something, send me a message on live or PM me on here.

[/quote]Great Idea You can change all the settings, Unlike entering a empty lobby or server, Fly on different maps check out any map you want any game type, excellent idea..an its only like 200 Ms points? for a day? maybe less I usually buy them by the week for 500 an change..

IIRC it's 160, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

[quote user="FueldRockets"]

Great Idea You can change all the settings, Unlike entering a empty lobby or server, Fly on different maps check out any map you want any game type, excellent idea..an its only like 200 Ms points? for a day? maybe less I usually buy them by the week for 500 an change..

[/quote]

There is no practical reason for someone who has never played this game at all, to spend money renting a server to experience to learn how.  None.  not even if it's only 200 MS points. People can do whatever they want with their money, even rent servers to learn how to fly or drive.Just don't tell them it's a good idea, because it's not.  besides there is at least 20 empty servers for every possible map and game type that exists.  

The REAL best thing to do is jump in and play.

[quote user="FueldRockets"]

[quote user="PIRATE DUCK"]

[/quote]Great Idea You can change all the settings, Unlike entering a empty lobby or server, Fly on different maps check out any map you want any game type, excellent idea..an its only like 200 Ms points? for a day? maybe less I usually buy them by the week for 500 an change..

[/quote]Awesome Idea! wish I thought of that one, damn you gotta be quick around here! wont take long the server settings are pretty easy to get used to.. Heck you might even get a lucky one that Fills up right away!! :]

[quote user="vibroluxor"]

There is no practical reason for someone who has never played this game at all, to spend money renting a server to experience to learn how.  None.  not even if it's only 200 MS points. People can do whatever they want with their money, even rent servers to learn how to fly or drive.Just don't tell them it's a good idea, because it's not.  besides there is at least 20 empty servers for every possible map and game type that exists.  

The REAL best thing to do is jump in and play.

[/quote]

This^^^^

A new player shouldn't even be concerned with flying. It's such a tiny portion of the game, and in most modes, has minimal effect on the outcome of the match. If he does want to fly, I recommend the helicopter co-op mission set on easy. Play it over and over until it's mastered.