hi , i live in SE ASIA and i just import a brand new xbox 360 slim US version.

hi so im new here, nice to meet you guys and im sorry if theres going to be a lot of punctuation with what im about to write

1.so i have bought legally a live member for 3 months for my other account for the same console and everything going perfect despite my location

2.i have bought MS point 4000 legally for my other account and when im about to use it they ask me a bllling addrees on US soil which i put a "fake address" because i live in asia but still i will never use credit card only MS point(i have emailed xbox customer service and they dont belive that im gonna get banned for using a fictive address as long im just using MS point to purchase)

3.i have bought and download AC brotherhood,bayonetta,Resident evil 5 and everything going good until i try to download Fallout new vegas. a notification appear said that this item cannot be purchased from my current location. again i have emailed the xbox customer service said that the problem is not the account but from IP address. because the stuff that im trying to purchase is not available from my current location/hasnt been licensed so they said

so what if im using a US proxy IP address to buy the content?? am I going to get banned doing that?? see all i want is to spent my hard earned money on something i really want.. it just seem so silly to me that microsoft will banned me because i gladly giving them profit

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

[quote user="LightOrigin"]1.so i have bought legally a live member for 3 months for my other account for the same console and everything going perfect despite my location.[/quote]Xbox Live Gold Subscriptions are region free, so you will be able to buy them from anywhere without problem.

[quote user="LightOrigin"]2.i have bought MS point 4000 legally for my other account and when im about to use it they ask me a bllling addrees on US soil which i put a "fake address" because i live in asia but still i will never use credit card only MS point(i have emailed xbox customer service and they dont belive that im gonna get banned for using a fictive address as long im just using MS point to purchase)[/quote]Technically it is against the Terms of Use to provide false details but if you live in a region that is not supported by Xbox Live they don't seem to enforce that.

[quote user="LightOrigin"]3.i have bought and download AC brotherhood,bayonetta,Resident evil 5 and everything going good until i try to download Fallout new vegas. a notification appear said that this item cannot be purchased from my current location. again i have emailed the xbox customer service said that the problem is not the account but from IP address. because the stuff that im trying to purchase is not available from my current location/hasnt been licensed so they said

so what if im using a US proxy IP address to buy the content?? am I going to get banned doing that?? see all i want is to spent my hard earned money on something i really want.. it just seem so silly to me that microsoft will banned me because i gladly giving them profit[/quote]Downloading through a proxy could work but not only would the speeds be very slow but it might not work at all.

Microsoft are also not the only ones to blame. They need to abide by local licensing laws just the same as any business and in order to protect themselves they must be seen to be taking action against people who are trying to break those licensing laws.

I'm sure Microsoft would love to take money from anyone who is willing to spend it, so perhaps you could try contacting whatever public body sets the licensing laws in your country as to why the content isn't licensed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.