Hey!

...DICE/EA...you can bite me

-

day one, I bought your game, and went to install both disks onto my HDD, disk1 installed fine......disk2 kept giving me the unreadable disk error at about 50%....since I've never had a single issue with this before and my XBOX is near brand new...figure it's gotta be the disk, so I return my copy to the store and swap it for another copy...disk2 installs just fine

-

this whole time, I"m thinking "ehhh...the graphics look OK to average, but they surely must suck without the HD install"...then I read that if while installing the 1.5 HD graphics install, and it stops around 10% and prompts you to download it again....that it was corrupted.....so I've been playing without the HD...must look amazing cause you fanboys are raving about it.......I deleted the file and tried re-downloading it...only now I get stuck in a loop, at about 10% it prompts me to download it again, but after I select my HDD, instead of downloading at this point....it gives me the option to download it again, select my HDD....option to download...select HDD...see the pattern?...yeah, this game could have been great...too bad for me huh?.......I should just settle on the standard definition graphics right?....cause I shouldn't expect to be able to play this at its highest quality like everyone else right?......wait wait...maybe it's my NAT...or my internet....pff

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

but if you dont backup your save ... it may get corrupted when you re-install everything. Better to be safe than sorry.

You shouldn't have to delete your game save and I think your rank, unlocks and other stuff is stored on the EA servers.

wont affect your online unlocks. well it shouldnt.. as that is saved and linked to your gamertag  with either MS or EA.

stick it on a usb and delete everything

oh and in case I forget...THANK YOU in advance

-

customer support with DICE/EA sucks

what about my game save?...do I need to delete that too...will it affect my unlocks/rank etc etc?

I installed the HD pack first . then the disks . Didnt have a problem.  Game & texture pack installed and works fine.  

No, once the HD Texture Pack is installed without any errors you can install the game so it runs from the hard drive, it's the dsc stopping that's causing the problem, the disc doesn't stop if the game isn't installed to the hard drive.

I think what happens is when the game is installed to the HDD the Xbox automatically stops spinning the disc after a couple minutes (used to be quicker but I think this has something to do with the change in the amount of data you can have on disc). So once you get to the start menu and start downloading the Texture pack the disc iis still spinning, couple minutes later the disc has finished doing the security stuff and spins down because normally there isn't an installation or any other reason for the game to still be spinning as it should be reading from the hard drive. Disc spins down, installations stops, requests you press A again, disc spins back up, installs data normally but the data from the first failed installation means the texture pack doesn't work properly.

once I have the HD package installed...will having the disks installed or not installed affect the game in anyway?