Hey PC gamers

I was just wondering what the online communities are like on popular games, mostly FPS.

I'm getting incredibly sick of the communities on XBLA, almost to the point of completely giving up on the system, and moving on to something else. People not completing objectives (Capturing flags, etc.), people not helping them team (Reviving, etc.), people AFKing, etc etc.

I'm really considering switching completely, especially for Battlefield 3. I honestly can't stand the players on games anymore. And yes, I realize this is an xbox forum so simmer down forum police. I apologize about the wall of text. I did break the sentences up but the new forums fail hard

Your pal,

Blue

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Blue,

I played Bad Company 2 for a long time on the PC and the team work was excellent. Will definitely be picking up BC3 on the PC over the Xbox.

I remember playing Bad Company 2 on the 360. Very few people would actually go for objectives, which is a giant aspect of that game, and it drove me insane.

Wolfstar is correct, BC2 on PC was awesome. However you should know that if your coming in fresh form console (controller) gaming you'll be struggling in the beginning since those k&m wizards out there are so fast you won't know what hit you. ;)

Another benefit of PC gaming is the huge communities. You won't have to worry that much about people moving on to new titles like on consoles. There's still a lot of people playing the older titles like counterstrike, quake, need for speed underground etc

I think in every FPS you have your self-confessed 'Sniper expert' who sits in a corner picking off people from a distance. Just gotta ingore those and you'll be fine on the PC.

Gaming on the PC is definitely better.

Too bad all of my friends don't play PC and use their Xbox.

TF2!

You could play Shadowrun. Microsoft broke the cross platform chat but there's still a dedicated group of PC players playing.

Have a look at ARMA 2.  Very good community and teamwork is a given.

Uhhhh.. competitive multiplayer shooters on the PC... not my cup of tea to be honest.  My FPS skills are far too honed with a gamepad to make me anywhere near competitive with a KB+M.  They also seem a LOT faster-paced, which doesn't really suit my playing preferences

[quote user="Assassinator010"]

TF2!

[/quote]Last time I played I got myself playing on a server filled with furries...