Hero of Skyrim achievement SPOILER

Capture Solitude or Windhelm.  Im assuming it would be a mass killing spree?   Im a bit leary to attempt it because Im scared it may affect my entire game?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

No, this is the end of the Civil War quest chain.  You either retake Windhelm (if you sided with imperials) or Solitude (if you sided with the Stormcloaks).  There actaully isn't that much fighting in taking the city itself.  I have only experienced the Imperial side though, still running my other character through with the Stormcloaks.

A few Locations (Homes and such) get destroyed in the process but mostly "cosmetic". There aren't any real issues with finishing it other then certain Characters to that Story/ Quest will not be "available" afterwards. I just finished the Stormcloaks and other then a few things here and there, it's roughly the same. You might want to save it for second to last (Main Quest being the last) just for the sense of "story-telling" though.

Ok. I was going to have a few drinks one night and go all out in a rage of destruction.... LOL

Glad that was avoided!

I did the Stormcloaks and I haven't noticed any difference. I saved it til nearly the end of the game though.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!