Hero for the Heart

Hi everyone, 

I've been playing Guitar Hero since the very beginning, and I (for the most part) love it. Back in August, I wanted to put my love for the game to good use. Now, I may have mentioned my dad a couple of times on this board. My dad supported me in every facet of my life, and one that he enjoyed was playing actually Guitar Hero. I remember telling him about the game when it first came out in 2006, and the first chance he got to visit me, I showed it to him. The next morning I wake up and see him playing Smoke on the Water on Easy. He was immediately hooked. He got good enough to move up to Medium. For a 50 year old guy, he could shred. 

He passed away very suddenly in November of 2009 from atherosclerosis. It is a condition in which cholesterol and fatty tissue builds up and clogs arteries, resulting in a heart attack. My dad was a great man, and he is missed every day by his family and friends. 

Since that day, everything I do is in support of or in honor of my dad. I do things he would approve or would make him proud, especially a lot of the items on my bucket list. One of those items is to hold a Guinness World Record. So I decided to combine that with my love for my dad and our connection to Guitar Hero. 

To honor my dad, I have started Hero for the Heart: A Guitar Hero Record Setting Rock-a-thon to Benefit the American Heart Association. I will be playing Guitar Hero for 72 hours and break a Guinness World Record in the process. The goal is to raise $5,000 by the end of February. This event is not just for myself, friends and my family, but for anyone that is affected by heart disease. This event could potentially help many people that experience CHD, so please tell your friends about this. Rock with your heart, and you'll never go wrong. 

This event will take place February 23-26. I'll be playing Warriors of Rock on Xbox, and throughout the attempt I will be doing a lot of online play, and I'd love it if any of you would like to play. If you would like to donate towards the American Heart Association, I will start the pledge drive in February. The above link is to the Facebook Page, and if you're on the Twitter, please follow us there @herofortheheart. I will also be streaming this on ustream as well. 

Thank you guys so much! I'll be updating this post weekly to let you know of anything good going on. If you have any suggestions or ideas, feel free to post here as well. Let's rock.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to: