I've noticed a small influx of new people on Ghostbusters lately, and this can only be a good thing. However there are one or two things that new players should note that aren't delineated in the Game's Manual or anywhere else for that matter. So I hope this post may help you through your first couple of games.
1) The Capture Stream isn't automatically locked on to a ghost like it is in Single Player, when a ghost is weakened enough to capture, you have to hit the LB to fire the capture stream. I've noticed instances lately of new players just firing the proton stream while I'm wrangling a ghost into a trap and I rarely use a mic so I've been unable to help out.
2) It really, honestly doesn't matter who's trap the ghost is captured in, you don't get any bonus points or extra perks for whipping a ghost away from one trap into your own, it just wastes time, and in a "Containment" round, time is mega precious.
3) Firing a proton stream into a PKE disrupter DOESN'T CHARGE IT! It charges automatically, just focus on the ghosts/monsters.
4) This is just a little personal hint/tip, the slime blower is all but useless...the slime tether can be good for slime dunking ghosts, but the actual slime blower is pretty much defunct, save the ammo, or if necessary use the blower to neutralise puddles of black slime, but apart from that, it's useless against actual ghosts.
5) Pay attention to what power ups are available, the Ghost Stunner (Looks like a Shock Blast/Stasis Stream but "shinier") is a great tool, but pointless when there's only two or three ghosts around.
6) (This is the only competitive point I'm going to make) Don't wait for someone to wear a ghost out then when they're about to wrangle a ghost into a trap "Latch on" to it yourself, it's not fair to anyone, also there might be other ghosts around to focus on.
There, I hope these points are useful to at least some. And I hope to see you there!
I ain't 'fraid no ghost! But are you? :p