Help/Advice

So I was looking through my friends list, saw someone was playing CoD4 and decided to join seeing as I hadn't played it in ages.

I connect and get to the screen where you choose your gun. All I can hear is a fully automatic shotgun and in the faint background I can see a Youtube link being posted over and over in the top left corner. I instantly dashboarded. Now I'm worried as I've heard of people being invited to modded games without knowing they're modded and they've got banned for it. Seeing as I've been a loyal, legitimate paying customer to Xbox  for over 2 years it would be a horrible waste if I were to get banned over something out of my control and that I had no part in.

Thankyou for reading, any feedback would be appreciated.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

CoD 4, WaW and MW2 are infested with this crap.

I wouldn't worry about it.  People can play those games all day and not get banned apparently.

Yeah I've noticed, just thought it would be typical for me to get banned for it, thanks for the support.

I had a situation like this a couple of months ago on Mw2.

Dont worry about it my friend, nothing is going to happen to you. It happens  quite a lot to unexpected/innocent gamers.

I mean for one thing, the hackers/modders hardly ever get banned, so you'll be fine

You should be fine.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

In before an XBLPET member finds this thread and then bans him for it.

Not all of off the call of duties are that bad. Here's a list of how online is in terms of hacking/modding.

Call of Duty 4 = BAD

Call of Duty: World at War = VERY BAD

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 = OK

Call of Duty: Black Ops = GREAT

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 = TBD

[quote user="A1 KILL SAUCE"]

Not all of off the call of duties are that bad. Here's a list of how online is in terms of hacking/modding.

Call of Duty 4 = BAD

[/quote]I might expect Black Ops to go bad when Treyarch come out with another game.

[quote user="Elite Rampant"]

[quote user="A1 KILL SAUCE"]

Call of Duty 4 = BAD

[/quote]I might expect Black Ops to go bad when Treyarch come out with another game.

[/quote]

Yeah, that's what everyone is thinking. But someone asked that same question and a dev replied that "Black Ops was designed around security unlike the previous games, so it won't happen". But only time will tell.

The same security that allows 15 prestige lobbies?

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

I just really hope Mw3 isnt going to be a hacker/modders dream. I hope they dont drop the ball on this one, but we will soon see