Help Xbox Won't Read Disc's!!!

Please help me my xbox will not read my disc's sometimes for hour or days even how can i fix it with out having to replace my xbox?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Unfortunately I don't think so. It does sound like your disc drive and/or laser has had it. You can try giving the disc drive a blow  to see if it's clear from dust. Otherwise you can arrange to send your xbox off for repair or just get a new xbox. Sorry.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you have tried all the simple things like removing all usb drives, clearing your system cache, and removing and plugging in all plugs again. Then before you send it in try tapping your xbox repeatedly and immediately after closing disc tray. Dont do it too hard, but dont do it too soft. This worked for me. just press close and start tapping while the disc is in. Until it has loaded then it should work fine

Sorry this didn't help.

If you really do not want to send your xbox in to microsoft, you can buy a new disc drive kit online and replace it yourself. Doing so will void warranty, although I'm sure yours is already expired because you don't want to send it in. Your much better off either sending it in to be repaired or buy the new console.

Sorry this didn't help.