Help with Private matches

Was happy to finally get the latest update so private matches are enabled but have one problem. When two of my friends join me in the private lobby and I select map and game mode the "Start match" selection is greyed out. Can't start the match whatsoever.  In the upper right hand corner is the "waiting for players " indicator and it just sits and spins even though indicating 3/6 . I thought you could play with less then six players for a private match ? My friends are experiencing the same issue when they invite me (or anyone else) to a private match.

Is there something else that is required ? Do we need to have finished the campaign ? I'm at a loss here and would love to just get a private match going with my friends.  

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Me thinks you have to have 6 people on each team. brother and I tried it with just us and same thing.

Thanks for the reply chadesh , it's kind of sad if that's the case. I've read on the EA update release that it's for 2 - 6 so what gives ? I just want to play with my buddies like we do on COD BO2 .