Help with party problems

Can someone please help me with this multiplayer issue-How do you take a party of 4 into Battlefield 3 multiplayer from main menu into matchmaking and ensure that all four players are kept on the same team?  Playing with my mates and we keep getting put on different teams and when trying to use switch tema option get message telling me shouldn't swap teams so often (even though it never lets me do this) or message telling me server will become unbalanced.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Other than going into the server browser and joining a game with really low population, you can't.  This was never a problem in BC2, and shouldn't be now, especially 4 months after release.

Ok.. you seem legit... so I am willing to give you some tips.

1. Use the Server Browser when you have your party (*squad)  of 4 players ready to go.
  2. Find a game with 18 or below player count out of 24 players. I have even joined games with 0 player count as the games seem to fill fast.
  3. If your squad is still split up after joining game then try to get player or players to switch sides.
  4. If player(s) who wants to switch sides  gets error saying something like server will be unbalanced....wait about 2 mins and try again.
  5. If the player or players still can't switch sides, get them to leave the game and come back in by joining game from server browser using the friends tab or join on friend.
  6. Server Browser is your best friend. :)

*It's really not that bad... just follow these tips and you will have your squad together in no time . :)

[quote user="Briggso"]

Can someone please help me with this multiplayer issue-How do you take a party of 4 into Battlefield 3 multiplayer from main menu into matchmaking and ensure that all four players are kept on the same team?  Playing with my mates and we keep getting put on different teams and when trying to use switch tema option get message telling me shouldn't swap teams so often (even though it never lets me do this) or message telling me server will become unbalanced.  Any help would be much appreciated.

[/quote]

You can try these methods. If you are in the Xbox Live Pary Chat, one person joins a half empty game. Then when that person gets in, everyone else in the party uses "Join Session In Progress" option from someone's gamercard or the party chat window(hit X). Then when you get in the game. If you are not on the same team or squad. DO NOT SPAWN YET. Press the Y button for teams and squad menu. You will see a bunch of squads named and those people in each sqaud. You can join any squad from Alpha to Hotel, pick one and tell everyone to join that squad. If you are on different teams, use the same directions as above with changing squads. Except go down to the option to change team, and hit A. Only press A once and it is sensitive to how many times you press A. And when you press A, watch the RU->US or US->RU.

I play every night with at least 5-6 people every night and sometimes on the weekend we almost have a full team. Secondly, if everyone that says that eventually you will be switched to the other side at some point. If you are running with a bunch of your friends(and you guys are GODS at BF games) then you should never have less people than the other team. If you are playing like you should and winning/destroying the other team. They should be leaving and finding other servers. And the people on your team will notice that there is a group on one team and stay to play with you.

its a nightmare.

Yeah but.....wouldnt it be nice if it worked?

I dont really think it can. Unless you join a server that is perfectly unbalanced so that your squad can jump on the same team. 4 people joining a game with 18 people in it..Good luck getting everyone in and on the same team... Joining a server with 0 in it is the best way I guess. Plenty of time to switch over and such. Plus playing against your friends can be more fun sometimes.

I have party problems sometimes. I can't tell if I should work on the cute-smart chick who is a little less drunk or just go right for the slam-ping who wants it ASAP. ...

Oh and when the beer runs out... thats a serious party problem

Slam-pig..I luv that term..

...yeah......that takes me back

"carpe noctem!" Turtle..."carpe noctem!"...go for the hottie, I always did and usually won out

One time at a nice club in Cherry Hill, NJ I met this pretty gal who went to college in Trenton. So, I'm hitting it off with her great and it looks like a sure thing. She gets up with her friend to go to the bathroom while I remained seated at the bar. When she left the bartender came over and gave me a drink. Puzzled I looked at him and said "I didn't order a drink" to which he replied "it's from the young lady over there" as he pointed in the direction of this stunningly beautiful girl. I accepted the drink and gave her a nod and nice smile. Moments later Mary (that other chick I was already working on that looked like a sure thing) returned. I deliberated and chose to stick with the sure thing. I ended up tagging Mary for about 4 months and I finally broke it off with her.

The moral of this story is this. In retrospect, years later I wish I had taken my chances with the super hot chick that night. Always remember this; roll the dice on the super hot chick because if you don't, you'll probably regret it.

p.s. I promise that story is entirely true.