Help with original Xbox games

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place but I really wasn't sure where to post it.

After primarily being a Sony gamer for years, I recently decided to purchase an Xbox 360 to add to my console collection. So far it has not disappointed me!

So after picking up a few Xbox 360 games I found out that the console has backwards compatibility with select Xbox games as long as you have a supported Microsoft hard drive. I picked up a used copy of Max Payne on eBay on the cheap and proceeded to pop it in my 360 as it is listed as being compatible. Now, my issue is that whenever I select to run the game, it simply displays the old Xbox logo, the screen flickers slightly and the image freezes. The console itself is still working because whenever I press the home button I can hear the sound of the pop-up menu, and will return to the menu when I remove the disc from the drive.

Are there any solutions to this problem? I've trawled the net but have found absolutely nothing on this issue. I've double and triple-checked my hardware is compatible and the game is compatible. My setup is:

*Xbox 360 S with Microsoft 320gb media drive

*Max Payne Xbox game PAL region

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

Have you carried out the update for original Xbox games ? More informations on this link : support.xbox.com/.../system-updates-info

Alternatively, you can clear the system cache and re - download the update.  For clear the cache follow this link : support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Compatibility of the Xbox 360 is a little wobbly, this explains a lot of things...

Good luck

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.