help with minecraft ps4

ok so i want to play minecraft with my mates who have xbox and i signed in with my microsoft account, but it said that something went wrong and still is saying that, it first said something was wrong like 1 month before quarantine and ive been trying every so often since then, ive attempted to clear sign in data but that diddnt work either, i cant get to the screen where i log in anymore, any help?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Why not try contacting Minecraft Support? 

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Because minecraft support says it is a microsoft issue. I was helped last night on chat and a wonderful young woman resolved the issue. I played all night but after shutting down my console and returning to it the problem has returned. Not positive how it was fixed but i had to delete all my game save data. Biggest issue i see is that bedrock like xbox is terrible. I should not need an xbox live account to play minecraft on a ps4. That said my issue now is when i try to request chat assistance it takes me to the already resolved chat i wasted my evening yesterday going through. I assume xbox support is quite overwhelmed with their product being so terrible but we all would like to play the game we purchased as it was advertised to function. 

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

First and formost please less of the snipes to the old xbox. Us console gamers have to find some common ground.

and whilst i agree this issue would be deeply frustrating i would point out that minecraft is owned by microsft. So it stands to reason you would require a xbox account to play minecraft on a ps4. Just like on the pc you had to have a mojang account to play it.

so on your playstation 4 open minecraft and select sign in with a microsoft account. When the box pops up use your phone or any device for quick internet, and visit that exact website and input that code. Once you have input that code and then sign in with your microsoft account, and try to be a little quick as the code refreshes.

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360037725571-Minecraft-for-PlayStation-TM-4-FAQ

this website may offer you greater reading and maybe a little troubleshooting help.

once again happy gaming and maybe consider coming over to the greener side.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes microsoft owns minecraft now which is why we are forced to play on the worst of 3 versions of minecraft. No snipes the proof is in the pudding. Sales, performance, user numbers. I had to make a microsoft account to sign into minecraft then make a xbox account to play with pc users. Makes 0 sense. But it is what it is. I just want to chill and play some minecraft with the kids and they are on pc right now because both of their xbox s's no longer function. It does not give me a new code unless i delete all my game save data

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well the issue is security really in this case. To protect the profiles and so fourth if the codes are not catched they will be seen as a new device connecting which in this case would require a code to link the accounts.

but you should have minecraft purchased for the playstation 4. You use that device to sign in with your xbox account and it should all be done on the playstaion 4.

you shouldnt require their xbox information.

once connected up if you wish to party  if your kids from ps4 you may find more joy using discord as your avenue for party chat as thats geared more toward playstation cross platform partying. Unless the ingame chat is good but i havnt used minecraft console in that way.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I figured it is a security issue as microsoft is not allowing me to sign in through the ps4 but does through my phone or laptop. Ive chatted with a few people through microsoft support. One helped me for an evening but after powering down and back up the problem reappeared. I played with them for several hours just fine so i assume she was able to do something but i had to delete all my game save data. Many hours of crafting and mining. I do own minecraft on my ps4. I have played it for about 6 years. Its funny some support chat members immediately say you should contact mojang or sony. Well if you go to get support from mojang for minecraft on ps4 issues it tries to give you troubleshooting instructions for xbox and if you try to chat with someone it sends you to get help from an xbox gamer. Same if you try to get playstation support for minecraft from the playstation support. Sony says microsoft owns minecraft so i need to ask them. I aint blaming anyone just wanna play. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So i am just a dumb carpenter tryin to craft but i do understand your reply. But i still cannot sign into microsoft account on ps4. I dont know how to make the codes become catched. I followed their instructions over and over. How do i go about fixing this security issue

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Im an hgv driver bud just trying to help make sense of your issue and give you some helo to guide you to your goal.

Basically when you initially open the code on your playstation 4 that links your ps4 and your xbox account so that should save it. Any issuse with that would be a requirement to reset restart. Ie clearing game data and a second attempt to link the two

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Try.

go onto your microsoft account and reset your password. Once you have done that, turn your playstation off and once you restart it should promt you with the code and website again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I sorta understand but not however if anyone asks or if anyone else reads this you dont need to reset passwords or delete your world saves. What i have found to work is to go to your storage on the ps4 go to save data. Dont delete the tabs that say the name you gave to your world only delete the generic looking tabs with the little settings gear icon on them. Then relaunch the game which will make you connect to a site on a seperate device and enter a code. I have to do this ever time i restart my playstation. I have tried changing password several times. Ive changed my gamer tag on xbox once. Tried several things posted to youtube. There is probably a way to resolve this so you dont have to redo the code process every time but it is beyond me however completing the process spoke of above makes it playable. Thank you sir for your time and input. Appreciate ya

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 2,570 Applies to: