Help with installed game?

I have a broken game. I rented a working copy of said game and installed it onto my HDD. Then, when I put the broken copy in and go into "Game Details" it shows a completely different game that I have installed on my Xbox. What do I do?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

It may not work at all if the disk is broken really bad. What is the condition? -Platinum

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="mm2axxi"]I have a similar problem when I try to download a game, when I reach the 70/80 % the download Stop, [...][/quote]

That's not related at all. Please create a new post for your problem or find one of the many other "download stops at [x]%" threads, to let this one stay on topic. Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a similar problem when I try to download a game, when I reach the 70/80 % the download Stop, and when I go to My Games list the game isn't there...I'll try to clean the cache so I'll try to solve the problem with this.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="II M0Z II"]Are you saying you rented a working copy so that you could play your broken copy?

I could be wrong but I think each installed game requires the physical copy it was launched from in order to play.

support.xbox.com/.../install-play-delete-game[/quote]

It should work the way the OP described. For example, if my Gears of War 3 disc gets scratched, I might not be able to play the disc directly or Install from it, but installing from a friend's disc should let me use my disc as the authorization to play the installed image (if my disc isn't too badly damaged).

But we'd need to know which game is the problem here. It is possible for games to have different discs that don't match, such as Game of the Year editions that include more content than the original release. Or the disc might be so damaged that it can't even be used to authorize playing from the installation.

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you saying you rented a working copy so that you could play your broken copy?

I could be wrong but I think each installed game requires the physical copy it was launched from in order to play.

support.xbox.com/.../install-play-delete-game

Sorry this didn't help.

try clearing the cache. Go to settings, storage, hdd, press y button, and select clear cache then restart console. after the console restarts try playing the game again.

Sorry this didn't help.