Help with increasing my kills...

OK, it's taken me ages to get to the level that I am currently playing at but I'm still only averaging 7-8 kills in a two-round team death match. Yet, I see players regularly getting 15-20 kills! What's the secret? I play patiently, try to bring people down with rifle fire, stick with my team mates, try and get the power weapons but I can't seem to improve.

-

So, to those that fit this category - can you help?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

to up ur kill count sometimes u need to be more agressive u never get 15-20 kills playing careful get in there with ur gnasher and try to flank behind the enemy, dont get me wrong this can backfire if ur off ur game or come up againt a good player/team but its the only real way to get ur kills up

Thanks - but I'm just soooo bad with my shotgun. I can hit someone four times and they kill me with with one shot....

Practice your shotgun, I pull 15+ kill games consistantly. Most I got was 60 in a TDM match that wouldn't end because people kept hiding....

gnasher can be abit hit or miss but with practice ur timing will improve maybe try increasing the sensativity in the options also with gnasher get as close as possible and try aim for their head but just cos ur not knocking out 15+ kills in a match doesnt mean ur not playing well, a team player who doesnt die much and helps out with assits and stuff is more valuable to the team then someone who gets 15+ kills but also has 15+ deaths as long as ur enjoying the game play ur own style

Head- high damage

chest- med. damage

feet- min. damage.

thats all you gotta know.

[quote user="xEnvoy of Chaos"]

Practice your shotgun, I pull 15+ kill games consistantly. Most I got was 60 in a TDM match that wouldn't end because people kept hiding....

[/quote]

I call BS. You have a set amount of lives so 'hiding' doesn't do anything. There would have to be a lot of stalemates for you to get anywhere near that many kills.

[quote user="Onyx Mark"]

[quote user="xEnvoy of Chaos"]

[/quote]

I call BS. You have a set amount of lives so 'hiding' doesn't do anything. There would have to be a lot of stalemates for you to get anywhere near that many kills.

[/quote]That's what I meant when I said people kept hiding. We had two stalemates in a 1 to 1 match. Seeing as I got 60 kills you could assume my team was horrid and because of this WE STILL LOST.

three words PERFECT ACTIVE RELOAD

i think the guys with the really high numbers are the very good gnasher/wallbounce guys.  this is not me, and i try to stay away from gnasher duels unless i get the drop on someone and then i can be kind of competant with the shotgun.  as above guy said ^ once i started paying attention to active reloads that helped a bunch.  sounds like you are on the right track, stick with your team and try to stay alive over time the shotgunning will improve.  also switch weapons, make sure you have the right one for the current situation.

I got humbled last night, finally got a bunch of my buddies who left for MW3 back.  We played TDM and even though I never left Gears and have been playing since day one I had the fewest kills w/ highest death count.  I have had nights where I just pwned everyone, and it felt like not matter what I couldn't miss.  But once I start losing confidence I made stupid mistakes and I am just a drag on my team.   Gears more than any other game I can just fall apart in, no matter if I play consistantly or not. Just keep playing and hope you get someone like me on the other team who can't help but be a bullet sponge.