Help with Hulu on Xbox. Netflix works, Hulu doesn't.

The title sums it up. Here's the longer version:

So this has been going on for a couple months now. I've had an email going with support and they only help so much. They sent me to their advanced settings page where I changed my DNS settings. http://www.hulu.com/help/articles/23312758#xbox1 That worked for 1 episode, but then the next day it stopped again. So here's what happens, the app runs fine, I pick what I want to watch and the ads play with no problem or stalling. Once that's over, the video stutters or buffers for a minute, then plays for a couple seconds and buffers again. It keeps doing that.

Netflix works perfectly though. No stalls there at all. So it has to be a problem on Hulu's end right? Hulu sent me to a speed test website that runs on the Xbox (flash based sites don't work). I was getting something like 2mb down/up but when I did the network test that's in the Xbox settings menu, I get 18mb down, 2mb up (what I should be getting). Hulu works on my phone and PC with no problems.

Hoping this would be the right place to ask. Hope you can help. Thanks.

I've also uninstalled it, unplugged modem, router, xbox... wait 30 sec., etc. I don't know what else to do.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to: