help with black ops and clag tag

hi there i can not input a clag tag in black ops it keeps coming up with forbidden text and i have the family setting turn off. i  have try all i know can anyone help please

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

What exactly is the "Forbidden Text"?

If we know what the error message is, we can help.

i go to enter a clag name and press ok to comfrim and it come up in new box  saying " clan name denied due to prohibited text " please can you help  i am not using vulgar words my last 3 trys have been jam stop and just "a" please help

There's a filter in place that link your clan tag to your name, and it can be a bit picky at times.  Think you're just SOL

is there anyway around the filter and where can i find it

All clan tags are added to the game using the game engine, but before the game can actualy use the tag the whole thing (clan tag+gammer tag) has to be run through the generic Microsoft Xbox language filter.

Basicaly what is happeneing is that the Xbox filter (not the game) thinks that something in your actual gammer tag (or something in the CT/GT combo) is vulgar or offensive.

Judging by what you have already tried, I would say that the xbox doesnt like your Gamer tag, and you will probably never be able to use clan tags (unless you pay MS to be alowed to change your GT (which they alowed you to have in the first place, but now wont allow you to use with their speech filters....))

Ridiculous, right? lol

If I had to take a guess, I would say it doesnt like the D I K in your name... But it could be something else....

Thanks man you helped alot

It is not hard to imagine this problem at all.  You cannot even name a class with the word "Assault".  When it comes to weapon classes I am forced to use Covenant Halo names even if the weapon is not available in the game.  If you want to use the name "Spiker" it is off limits as well.

And I'm sorry, but how is "fart" a swear word?

What's a clag tag?

[quote user="THE GREEN GH0ST"]

And I'm sorry, but how is "fart" a swear word?

[/quote]

Because it is inappropriate. That's why. A word doesn't have to be profane to be disallowed.