Help with a Profile Corruption

Ok, so while my friend and I were playing Reach, I had my profile on a portable memory stick, and he disconnected the power from his xbox while I was signing out on accident. So now whenever I try to login on my xbox, it says corrupted profile, but if I move my profile to my friend's xbox, it works (probably because something was lost on his cache). Unfortunately my college blocks xbox live (go figure, right?) and I wasn't able to update it, so a recovery won't work.

My question is: if I restore my gamertag on my xbox from before (about 6 months ago), will all my saved games, credits, gamerscore, etc. be updated, or is that just lost?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

[quote user="SONIC SCREAM 07"]

What do you mean by restore? I've never seen that option before.

[/quote]He means he's copied it to his PC at some point and still has a version of it on there.

[quote user="Arrofalcon"]

Ok, so while my friend and I were playing Reach, I had my profile on a portable memory stick, and he disconnected the power from his xbox while I was signing out on accident. So now whenever I try to login on my xbox, it says corrupted profile, but if I move my profile to my friend's xbox, it works (probably because something was lost on his cache). Unfortunately my college blocks xbox live (go figure, right?) and I wasn't able to update it, so a recovery won't work.

My question is: if I restore my gamertag on my xbox from before (about 6 months ago), will all my saved games, credits, gamerscore, etc. be updated, or is that just lost?

[/quote]

What do you mean by restore? I've never seen that option before.

You can get your friend to recover your profile from Xbox LIVE and save it to a USB flash drive and he can give you the flash drive. You will lose any achievements obtained while you were offline though.

Maybe you can tell him to go online with your profile, so it gets updated to Xbox LIVE, then tell him to recover it and give it to you.

I hope they fix this problem. Profiles shouldn't ever be corrupted.

Remember always log in to your windows live ID regularly and never wait 90 days between signing in.