[Help] Questions Regarding the Console

Hello everyone! Sorry, i can't quite guide myself in this forum and i'm new to this whole Xbox world. My Gf gave me an XBOX 360 4Gb's couple of months ago so i'm really all new to this.

Anyway, i have a couple of questions.

I'm thinking of getting ea's Season Ticket so i can download Fifa12 3 days early and play it. But, will the 4gb's be enough? Don't really have anything installed.

Also, is it possible for me to use a usbkey or a external usb hard drive to install games? Or do i have to stick with the internal one manufactured by Microsoft?

Thanks everyone, and sorry if this is in the wrong section. Can't really navigate properly here.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The 4gb hdd will not be enough to install the game. You can use a usb drive or an external hdd but the storage limit is 16 GB. You just need to buy the 250 GB drive for the slim.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

So if hook up my 8Gb's USB Drive i'm ok to install Fifa 12?

yes

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Thanks for your help!

PS, Welcome to xbox.com.  If you have any Q's feel free to ask away and happy gaming.

You've probably figured this out on your own already, but... installing does not mean you can play the game without the disc. It does make the game run slightly smoother though. Quieter for sure as the disk doesn't constantly spin. Not sure how it boosts the performance with this game specifically though.

Welcome to XBOX LIVE and the forums "thelastsonof"!  You might find the more you get into games, the bigger the HD you might want or need.

[quote user="isturbo1984"]

You've probably figured this out on your own already, but... installing does not mean you can play the game without the disc. It does make the game run slightly smoother though. Quieter for sure as the disk doesn't constantly spin. Not sure how it boosts the performance with this game specifically though.

[/quote]

That is not what the op is talking about. He is talking about the ea sports ticket pass thing, which gives you access to a game three days earlier before it is released to the public. WIth the ea sports ticket pass, they give you a download code so that you can download the entire game onto your harddrive. So you don't need a disk to play the game.

Yes, exactly! Thank you all for the replies!

And yes, this is only related to the Season Ticket thing. I've the game pre-ordered and everything. Just really needed to know if the 4gb's would hold the game on their own or if i could hook up a usbdisk or something.

But as "LOL at ur Skill" said, i'm ok for the first 16 gb's of any usb drive i plug in, so, i guess it's cool.

I have the season pass and madden was 4.8 GB you download the app and the access it from game library. and then download the preview from there.