Help please

Is there a way to prevent someone from coming in to my server on TDU2? I have tried the 'avoid this player' which doesn't work, as the person scans the map and comes directly to me no matter where I am. He wont stop hounding me and attacking me on the game, and anyone else who comes near me.  I am a female mature gamer and this person is making my once pleasurable gaming time, a misery.

Thank you for any help.

Diana.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Welcome to online gaming!  Seriously, sorry to hear about this.  Luckily, only a small portion of gamers act this way.  Why not opt for "appearing offline" when you log on?  How to change the settings in Auto Sign In.  Until then, play something different until the "new" wears off pestering you.  Also file a complaint.

Hi there and thanks for the reply. I'm not actually new to online gaming, I've been gaming for the last ten years : )  It doesn't matter if I appear offline because he sits scanning the map for me until he finds me. I have also filed complaints and also called microsoft directly on Friday, they told me that they cannot do anything about it and that I should contact Atari and Eden. What is the point in having 'avoid this player' if they can still come to you on the map :-/  It wont wear off unfortunatley as this is my ex :-/ Oh well.......

Thank you very much for the reply and have a great day.

Ouch...an ex!  I've never had to deal with anyone like this but I have played "appear offline" and to my knowledge, they can't see you in a game.  Also, I had TDU2 and if I remember right, there's an option to only see your friends in the game or no one at all.  I usually picked the later, since I was trying to do the SP parts.  Try that.  And Good Luck. 

[quote user="Its D520"]

What is the point in having 'avoid this player' if they can still come to you on the map :-/  It wont wear off unfortunatley as this is my ex :-/ Oh well.......

[/quote]

Sorry to hear but about all that's left is maybe change your GamerTag or try another Game for a while. Personally, I wouldn't change my GT for that reason but it would work. Just an fyi on a few things.

First, the Avoid Player Feature is only meant one way (you Connecting with them) and only for Match Making. It is not designed so that it creates an "absolute" impossible of someone Joining your Game. As long as another Player still has you in their Recent Players List or you have sent them a Message (up till it expires), they can still simply join your Game by using the "Join Session in Progress" from your Profile. This means simply, in about 30 days, the other Player will have no Access to your Profile if you stop going in the same Game with them.

Second, Support doesn't handle Policy Enforcement. You're basically waisting your time by calling them for such matters. Only the XBL Policy Enforcement Team handles Complaints and they only accept Complaints Filed via Xbox LIVE/ Xbox 360.

Good luck with your problems and hopefully he will move along in time. Even an over-obsessed ex moves on. It's just a matter if you "avoiding" them by following all of the above.

Would appearing offline do anything?

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Well it's not like this is some random gamer. Obviously an ex is going to have far more determination to hound you. So in order to win, you have to show more determination than him. Be extreme. Buy a different game that he doesn't have. Hide your games played list so he can't tell what you have been playing. Remove anyone associated with him from your friends list. Get better taste in men. And appear offline when you sign on. He will never bother your game time again.

block do anything ?

[quote user="LostKauz"]

[quote user="Its D520"]

What is the point in having 'avoid this player' if they can still come to you on the map :-/  It wont wear off unfortunatley as this is my ex :-/ Oh well.......

[/quote]

Sorry to hear but about all that's left is maybe change your GamerTag or try another Game for a while. Personally, I wouldn't change my GT for that reason but it would work. Just an fyi on a few things.

[/quote]

The problem with changing the GT is that the new one simply replaces the old one. Any contact between the players will remian. So if she shows up on his player's recently encountered list, she'll still be there, just with a different tag. With any amount of deductive skills, he'll figure out who she is pretty quickly. What she needs is a whole new account.

[quote user="Its D520"]

Hi there and thanks for the reply. I'm not actually new to online gaming, I've been gaming for the last ten years : )  It doesn't matter if I appear offline because he sits scanning the map for me until he finds me. I have also filed complaints and also called microsoft directly on Friday, they told me that they cannot do anything about it and that I should contact Atari and Eden. What is the point in having 'avoid this player' if they can still come to you on the map :-/  It wont wear off unfortunatley as this is my ex :-/ Oh well.......

[/quote]

As it's an Ex who is stalking you, it could be a matter for the police, but the simplest way is to change your gametag, sure it wil cost you 800msp, and you will have to come up with a new one you my not like as much, but at least he won't be able to find you online anymore. Also make sure you block communications with him if you haven't already. Change your Avatar pic as well if you still have mutual online friends so he cannot scan their friends lists looking for your image

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

[quote user="LostKauz"]

[quote user="Its D520"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The problem with changing the GT is that the new one simply replaces the old one. Any contact between the players will remian. So if she shows up on his player's recently encountered list, she'll still be there, just with a different tag. With any amount of deductive skills, he'll figure out who she is pretty quickly. What she needs is a whole new account.

[/quote]

As long as she changes her avatar pic/Gamerpic and sets her account to friends only  as well as changing the name she should be fine. Maybe avoid TDU online for a week or so. just to be safe.