Help please, I have just lost over 400$ of downloadable content.

Hey support team! Please help, I am a 14-year old boy, who is very down due t loosing his well spent and deserved allowances only on mostly Microsoft Points. The way I lost all my content and can not re-download it is; So one day about 4 months ago, I was just playing Xbox Live with my best friends like usual. Then, it happened. My Xbox shut down as my Hard Drive Disk had just failed. It is about 5 years old, and 20GB's in size. It corrupted I guess and I had too hook it up to my computer just to format it back to 'FAT32' format. That worked, I now had a hard drive. I did all this within 3 days, and when I went to recover my account so I could obviously re-download all my content. When I recovered my account I think it worked, then I signed in and it said I was banned until 12/31/9999...

I then got so depressed, because I am just a nerdy home-schooled boy. All I have is Xbox Live, I have not one single friend in life, nor anything else to take up my time of the day. Please guys, help me. I need it more then anything. I know 'I can't help anybody after they have been suspended.' yet that is the thing, I have been suspended, to be honest, NO clue why. Unless playing all night and winning online is an offense. Please, I know you will take this serious, as I have lost over 400$ of content, let alone my friends and two year old account.

Really, the minimum I would be yet so gracious for is just my downloadable content returned as it is rightfully mine, and I need to know why I was banned, this is me being honest, I have NO clue why I could have been banned. The most annoying thing is when I contacted 1-800-4MY-XBOX they said they had no reason for my permanent suspension to be placed. Hopefully you may sort this out and take so much stress off my hands.

- Contact info:

My current gamertag: Gears 0f W4r 3

My banned for no reason account: Avenged7x TcT

Sincerly, your confused friend,

Tylor

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Yeah, if you formatted your HD on your computer then connected it to Xbox Live... it flagged it as a modded Xbox.  That's a permanent ban offense. Sorry, but that account is gone forever, Microsoft shows no mercy with Xbox modding. NEVER format a Xbox HD with a computer...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You did not "lose" your downloaded content, you were banned and that means that you cannot access the content that you bought.  Regardless of cost, you signed a contract saying that you would  not mod your xbox in any way and that should an issue occur, you would send it in to a Microsoft authorized repair place, which you did not.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmmm I'm having the same thing happening to me but here's the thing: I just got my Xbox repaired after I got the RROD and well I have two arcade games and two regulare games I downloaded of off Xbox Live. I played my arcade games for a while and everything was going smoothly. Then just yesterday I saw that I only had the game trial of those two Arcade games... O_o  But my two other downloaded games I can still play O_O Can anyone help?

Sorry this didn't help.

SmellOfVendett4: The repair center is supposed to do a license transfer but may have not. Doing a transfer and then redownloading the games should work.

Sorry this didn't help.

OP - you need to post here:  

forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

To get an answer.

Sorry this didn't help.

You punished accordingly. Perhaps you should stop cheating.

You modded your gamer score, had offensive content in your profile, you are affiliated with a known modding community:

"I host WaW & GTA IV ISO's free mods ftw! Free forever! Message me, GT: GearsiZBaCiZBaC"     -this is you, Calm, on TTG. Also offering infected and boosting lobbies in MW3...

It seems you were permanently banned for a very good reason. We, the community, do not need people like you on our service. People like you deserve everything you get when you get caught and have no one to blame but yourselves. You'll also get no sympathy from us LEGIT gamers.

If you can't stop cheating then please stay out.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there! Unfortunately Support agents will not be able to help you out with this issue. The only people who deal with this type of thing is the Enforcement Staff. Depending on your issue, please refer to one of the following links. Thank you!

For account suspensions, please post in forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx.

For console bans, please post in forums.xbox.com/.../2366.aspx.

For "marketplace theft" issues, please read forums.xbox.com/.../81653.aspx.

For general info on violations and penalties, please read support.xbox.com/.../terms-of-use-conduct.

Sorry this didn't help.