HELP ME :)

I'm trying to play Halo:Reach online in Matchmaking. It is not letting me, I just got a free Xbox LIVE trial and got everything set up. Now its saying - Requires an XBOX LIVE Gold Membership with permission to play multiplayer on Xbox LIVE. But its wierd because my brother made one as well a day before me and has been able to play online. Does anyone know whats up with this?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

you need a gold membership for online multi player

thats not true because my little brother started one right before me and he is allowed to but im not.

are you using a 48hr trial card?

No it wasnt a card...i made a profile on the xbox then did join xbox live and then upgrade later. my brothr did the exact same thing and he can play, i didnt know if it was just a glitch or something..?

idk cause on here, it says your a silver still. did you recover the account you made on the site to your xbox?

I think that it's up to 3 new XBL accounts on an Xbox will get a free month of Gold. How many other Live accounts have ever been made on your Xbox (even deleted ones)? If only one account during your Xbox's life (your brother's) has gotten the free month then either they changed things or something just went wrong during your sign up, perhaps try making a new one?

i made it from the console itself..i just got on here to figure something out... and idk what you mean by it says im on silver, i thought i was on the free one. but i got on my brothers account and it says he has the one month free trial of Gold and idk how he managed to get that? because he didnt have a card or anything, i dont know how maybe i didnt do it right to get that idk im about to stop trying. ive made so many bogus accounts to actually sign up the right way to recieve that free Gold trial but ima bout to give up

im not sure how many have beenused on here. it was a used xbox when we got it. my husband and little brother has one, so maybe someone else had one before we got it?

the free version is what i mean by when i say silver. anyways, i'm not sure how to resolve this issue. you might want to try contacting xbox live support.

oh i gotcha. well the guy up above said something about only 3 free gold trials and i googled that and there are lots of people saying thats true so ill prolly just have to quit being cheap and buy a membership