HELP ME!

okay so i got nba2k13 and it got all scratched up so i couldnt play it anymore. so i asked a friend if i could borrow his game and download it to my xbox so i could play the game, but its telling me i have to use the disc i downloaded to the xbox instead of my broken disc? is there anyway to get past this??

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Sorry your having trouble. It sounds like your disc has gotten so scratched up it's unreadable. Did you try your copy in your friends machine? Sometimes machines of different ages will read discs another machine will not.

If an Xbox can't read the disc, it will say it needs the disc you used for the download. It's just looking for a readable copy of the game.  I know there are companies, machines and websites out there that claim/have ways to remove scratches and repair discs, but I've never used them. If you don't want to try the repair route, I think the only two options you have is buy another copy, or hope your friend will let you borrow his copy until you complete the game. Sorry, I wish I had more for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately, if the disc is completely unreadable, installing to the hard drive won't work. The console still checks to see if you have the disc in the tray so you can prove you own the game. This prevents people from renting a game, installing it, and then returning the game but still being able to play it. You can try the resurfacing method if you'd like, or try to find a new copy of the game.

You didn't mention how your game got scratched, so I'll just say to be careful with them in the future. You get the nice green cases for a reason!

Sorry this didn't help.

Even if you install an Xbox 360 game to your HDD, you will be required to have a readable disc to play it. You won't be able to play from your scratched disc, because when you install a game, the Xbox 360 still requires you to insert that game and have it be read to verify you actually own it.

This is unfortunate, but it is a sure-fire way that fights pirated games. Long story short, you must have a readable disc to play a 360 game, weather you install it or not. Sorry.

Sorry this didn't help.