Help... Looking for Action RPG with customizable characters.

Basically I am looking for something like the new D&D arcade game or Diablo like game, but I want fully customized characters.

I want to choose my race, ***, my class, and roll my stats.

I like the top down or isometric look.  I hate first person like elder scrolls. (sorry just a preference)

The last one I played like this was warriors of the eternal sun, on the sega genesis.

Surely there must be something 5 console generations later.

Any suggestions?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 54 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If you want to go back a few years, you can cop Champions of Norrath. Thats the only one that comes to mind.

Was that for the 360 ?

Dragon Age Origins ticks all the boxes you have stated. Fantastic game! However, for the camera view you mention, you have to play on PC, as the xbox version doesnt have that abilty, its 3rd person.

Your tiny font tests my eyes!

Sorry Didn't see any options for fonts

I hate these new forums by the way, can't find squat.

I thought dragon age is third person?

Does it have a lot of classes - races etc?

i didn't like the hack n slash style of dragon age.....

Try the mass effect series or fallout3.....Maybe oblivion? never played it, but i'm def. getting skyrim.....

DAO does tick all the boxes, save for the 3rd person view. However, Champions of Norrath has everything the OP is lookin for. Steve, Champions of Norrath is on the regular XBox. I do believe it will work on the 360

Thanks Kurokage22,

I still have an original xbox so I'll check it out.

Just looking online...  looks like it was on PS2 not xbox.  Oh well.

Any other suggestions?

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 1 & 2??

Id check Mass Effect out too. You can only be human, its third person, but lots of options for customising yourself and party and lots of alien races to interact with. If you haven't played this, I suggest you give it a go. Seen it for £4 in CEX. You just cant go wrong!

EDIT: If you insist on the top down view, you may have to go to PC, or compromise.  3rd person RPG's probably wont be as bad for you as 1st person.