Help I have OCD :(

I cant help it.  I try but i cant.  I always have to check my game settings to make sure it's set on Adept.  I do that at least 5 times everytime I play.  I'm sick of it.  I can't control myself not to check it.  I always feel like it's on novice or master or something that's not adept.  Whenever I check, its always on adept, but my mind won't stop from forcing me to check!  It happens EVERYTIME i play please what should i do to stop this OCD?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Reward yourself every so often for not checking?

Get professional help.

Throw Xbox out window.

mail xbox to me

You call that OCD??    PFffft thats weak.    I already have over 900+ saves on 5 save files.  I cant go more than 5 minutes without saving.  THATS OCD.  

[quote user="CAMAROBOY69"]

You call that OCD??    PFffft thats weak.    I already have over 900+ saves on 5 save files.  I cant go more than 5 minutes without saving.  THATS OCD.  

[/quote]

lol I guess for me as well. I just hit Save 905 a few minutes ago...

haha. I have my auto save set for every 5 minutes and I still save after every little battle.

lmao I also can't go 5 minutes w/o saving XD If I don't I somehow die and end up WAY back at the beginning of something.

For the most part, I usually just lurk in the various forums I visit.  But, I had to comment on this, as I have been seeing more and more people comment about having OCD.

My suggestion if you think you have OCD, visit the wiki site (I know, I know... take it with a grain of salt...) and see what the symptoms are, and how many you may follow.  Then, visit your doctor and be properly diagnosed.  People state they have OCD, when in reality they are ignorant of what OCD really is or confuse it with OCPD.  And then there are the people who have never even had the thought enter thier mind, that they may have OCD, and they do.  

I fell in the the second group.  It never even occured to me that I may have possibbly had OCD.  After a visit to my doctor, and numerous question later, I could not believe I was being classified as having OCD and suggested to take meds.

And there are plenty of meds out there to help, such as:

• Anafranil
  • Celexa
  • Effexor
  • Lexapro
  • Luvox
  • Paxil
  • Prozac
  • Zoloft

I am currently on Zoloft, and can't believe how much it has helped me.  My wife calls them my "Happy Pills".  Not only did it help with the disorder, but they also changed my personality for the better.  In the past, I would have been the first person to admit I was a serious ***hole. Today, I can't say that.  In fact, sometime as much as I would like to, I am unable to get angry or mad.  Even when my daughter totaled one of our cars.

I know this has nothing to do with the Xbox or Skyrim, but wanted to pass along a little bit of information that may help.

You call that OCD? I always touch the stove because I am always afraid that it isn't hot enough.