Help, i cant get my new x-box to work!

Hello,

I have some questions regarding the X-box, im a real nab when it comes to gamecomputers cause i never used nor posessed one.
Today i bought my Xbox, i installed the Xbox directly into my tv, theres no dvd player or whatever else connected in the TV (which is a JVC Interi art) apart from the digital receiver.

For as far as i know i properly followed the instructions about the mechanical parts. The controller can start up the Xbox, the Xbox replies properly, cd-disk opens properly, kinect replies and moves around to find the right position and....

Then my tv wont reply on the X-box.... Ok what?
I have 22 channels on my tv, but none of em hold the DVD channel.
What am i doing wrong?

Truth is, i always been a nab with these kind of things. Ask me to repair a computer and i do quite well, but ask me to do something like this and i really dont have a clue... TV's and i always have been a major conflict. I must come from a family line of tv-killers, i dont see why else these things would punish me in this way...

Ok, back to the real world again, truth is, i have a controller for the digital receiver, but not for the tv itself. Atleast, thats whats been told to me. I always thought the controller was for the tv, but as the digital receiver responds on it i assume that its indeed for the digital receiver (which is an Rebox).

The only way to get into the settings of the tv is by pressing 'menu', when i do it gives several options:
Installation
User preferences
System setup
System information

But i need a password for that and i have no clue what it is (oh so nice) But im not even sure if the whole problem can be solved there.
You probably get my point: How the h*ll do i get my Xbox be shown on my tv? Is it a TV controller problem or lies the problem with the Xbox? Do i need a controller specificly for my tv or am i just doing something stupid?

It would be amazing if someone could help me further on this.
Please, dont use too expensive words, im from holland, my english is quite fine, but i never got to learn the digital dictionary.

Thanks alot!
Tessa 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey tessa.

Are you using the standard scart lead into your TV from the console?. If so you should just need to press A/V on your TV remote.

How to set up my xbox 360 console.
(Just to make sure you have it all wired up properly this is a guide, start from step 1).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks alot for your answer, in the end it indeed appeared to be the lack of the right tv-controller, i could only controll the digital receiver with it, and on the digital receiver is no AV option. Luckaly my tv is old enough to still have a few buttons for channel and sound on the thing itself, like that i could find the proper channel. But thanks for your time!

Sorry this didn't help.

You are very welcome and hope you enjoy your 360 :).

Sorry this didn't help.