Help! Disc Unreadable Error D:

I just downloaded the Battlefield 3 rent a server update and went to go play it. The game was at the screen where it says press start. I pressed start and the screen went black (this is usual) but the loading text didn't appear at the bottom of the screen and instead the disc unreadable error popped up. I went through the steps to try and fix this and still it wasn't fixed as a last resort i deleted my recently downloaded update and re-downloaded it. I then tried to play the game but it just did the same thing and popped up with the same message at the same time as before. I have done this many times now but it still doesn't work.  This has also happened with the from ashes DLC for Mass effect 3 in which case the message pops up during one of the DLC's cut scenes. I know it's not my internet because i gave my 360 to my friend who tried to download the Battlefield patch and the mass effect one for me but when i played them they still came up with the same message. Please Help Me :(

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

Hey there,

Here are multiple solution given that may can help you to solve your problem:

support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive-solution

Met vriendelijke groet,

Rick N.,
DummyArbiter010

borntolearn.mslearn.net
microsoft.com/learning

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

yeah that is the weird thing... i went through that tutorial that you linked me and it did not work. I might have to get it repaired. NTW if you want to talk to me online about it in full detail my actuall Xbox gamertag is HellfishS10 i am using this account atm because i forgot the email i used for it. Thanks :(

Sorry this didn't help.

oh and i meant BTW not NTW

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there SpeedierTie937! What type of console do you have? Are you able to try a different hard drive to rule that out as a possibility?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the old white console and am using a black xbox elite hard drive. I have had no trouble with the hard drive until and i am now looking for my old one. Also this problem is now occuring with every game that has DLC. Another weird thing is that the game continues quite happy in the background when the message pops up. When i was playing BF3 i got the message yet managed to reload my gun and wait 5 miniutes before i was shot, all while the message was on screen.

Sorry this didn't help.

That definitely sounds like it could be a hard drive issue. Please let us know if you are able to locate that other hard drive to give it a shot! I'd be interested in hearing the results. :)

Sorry this didn't help.